Technical Product Manager
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.7 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Mobile Engagement Automation Q3 2017 evaluation, recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We are seeking a Technical Product Manager to join our team in New York City. Product Managers at Braze build the product roadmap for a given product area and work closely with engineers and product designers to bring new products to life.
Braze operates at extremely high scale. You’ll partner with our Infrastructure, Site Reliability Engineering, and Product Engineering teams to upgrade and transform the infrastructure and applications that process hundreds of billions of events across a globe scale. These teams operate in an exciting technology environment, covering a wide scope of distributed systems and complex problems. In addition to working closely with engineers and PMs, you’ll work with stakeholders across the entire business to help chart the course for a platform & infrastructure roadmap that will propel Braze through the next stages of our rapid growth.
- Define and manage large strategic initiatives and incremental upgrades to maintain and improve the Braze platform's performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Work closely with Braze’s infrastructure & engineering teams to build a roadmap for our infrastructure and platform improvements.
- Collaborate closely with Infrastructure and Site Reliability Engineers, Product Managers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Build and refine scalable program management systems.
- Manage the strategy, execution, and launch of key upgrades related to areas of Braze’s infrastructure such as application performance metrics, cost forecasting, and data security.
- Deeply understand our customers, market, and technology environment.
- 4+ years of Product Management experience.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, and leadership skills.
- Strong project management skills. The customers for this PM role are other internal engineering and business teams, and as a result organization skills are a must.
- Strong technical experience – you understand distributed systems and high-scale technology infrastructure.
- An affinity for data and quantitative analysis.
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude.
- Eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience at a high-growth technology company.
- Experience with high-scale distributed systems, e.g. as a DevOps or Infrastructure engineer.
- Experience building products as a technical startup founder or engineer.
- Experience working with DevOps, Infrastructure, or Site Reliability Engineering teams.
WHAT WE OFFER
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
Collaboration! Complete support of your teammates across all departments and a real “get it done” attitude for our customers.
- Excellent medical insurance and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Excellent compensation package including equity
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.