Technical Product Manager at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including HBO, Disney, Guardian, Burger King, Seamless, Delivery Hero, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019 and the Forbes Cloud 100. The company has also been selected as one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019 and 2020), and Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC (2019 and 2020). Our London office has also been Great Place to Work-Certified for 2021 by Great Place to Work UK.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for a Technical Product Manager to support our Data Operations team, which sits within our DevOps organization. The DevOps team builds automation, adds infrastructure reliability, and enables our engineering team to use new technologies in a scalable, reliable, and highly available way. Data Operations provides highly scalable data infrastructure (e.g. Kafka, Memcached, Postgres, Elastic Search) to our product teams for use in our real-time processing engine. Braze operates at a massive scale, collecting hundreds of billions of data points each month and sending billions of messages to end-users daily.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As the second Technical Product Manager for the DevOps team, you will work closely with DevOps Leadership to help devise the roadmap, execute on initiatives, and coordinate launch and communication of new products and features.You’ll focus on the following functional areas:
- Data Operations
- Members of the Data Operations team are directly responsible for our large scale ElasticSearch deployment (hundreds of nodes), Kafka, and the databases that support all of our services. Our team understands that minor tweaks at this scale have a massive impact on the reliability and performance services, and strongly believe that automating deployments and maintenance is a key ingredient of running data platforms at scale.
- Real-Time Data and Observability
- Collaborate with our UK-based Operations team to build out an industry-leading Redis platform with hundreds of nodes and 99.99% availability, processing 6+ trillions of transactions per hour.
- Collaborate in building a Prometheus-based Monitoring, Measurement and Alerting (Observability) platform.
- Work with technical leadership to define the product roadmap for Data Operations at Braze – analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Partner with Data Operations engineering to execute on this roadmap in a lean, entrepreneurial start-up environment.
- Partner with our UK-based team to drive discovery, priority of features and drive adoption for our massively-scaled, high-availability Redis platform, and the same for our Prometheus-based Observability Platform.
- Collaborate closely with Engineers, Product Managers, Product Marketers, and counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions and ensure that we’re building excellent products.
- Establish and manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Deeply understand our technology, business, customers, and market.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 5+ years of experience as a builder - this experience can be split between time spent in Product Management and Engineering roles. Candidates with a wide range of seniority will be considered, with commensurate adjustments to title and scope of responsibilities.
- You have strong communication, collaboration, organization, and persuasion skills.
- You are proactive, positive, and have a can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion and are always looking for new ways that processes and products can be improved.
- You have a strong technical experience – you understand how distributed systems work, and perhaps have experience developing themselves.
- You have an eagerness to learn and grow.
- Experience working at high-growth, high-scale technology startups.
- SaaS experience, particularly in the Enterprise.
- Experience as a DevOps, Site Reliability, or Infrastructure Engineer, particularly at the Senior level or higher.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
Braze is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and making our organization a place for all individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, age, sex and gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, familial status, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other protected class. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are selected to interview, to request an accommodation either as part of the interview process or during your potential employment with Braze, please let your recruiter know and a member of our People Relations team will follow up with you.
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.