Technical Program Manager - Security and Compliance
Technical Program Manager - Security Engineering & Compliance
At Squarespace, we empower people with creative ideas to succeed.
That means delivering beautiful software products to our customers. Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping software easier and more predictable.
We are looking for a TPM to partner with our Security Engineering and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) teams to support their daily operations and long-term planning.
The Security Engineering team is responsible for the security of Squarespace, its customers, employees and infrastructure. We combine data and analytics to respond to the ever changing threat landscape. We design and implement security products and tools to mitigate risk and provide more visibility. We work closely with teams across the company to enable them to operate in a secure manner.
The GRC team is responsible for guiding compliance framework implementation efforts throughout engineering. This includes, but is not limited to, SOX IT General Controls, PCI, HIPAA (for select products), and data privacy. Additionally, GRC manages the Squarespace vendor risk management process and collaborates with Security Engineering to define and implement security policies.
This role is for an individual contributor. It is located in New York and reports to the TPM Manager for Product, Infrastructure, and Security Engineering in New York. TPM is part of the Engineering department.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Partner with engineers and other stakeholders across the company to prioritize, plan, and deliver Security Engineering projects and GRC initiatives
- Understand the strategic vision for Squarespace’s business and use this information to create a technical roadmap and corresponding project scopes
- Coach the Security Engineering team to run short-term planning sessions self-sufficiently and collaborate with Security & GRC leadership to drive the team’s long-term planning
- Get to know our product and technology stack in detail so you can speak fluently to project stakeholders and effectively identify and mitigate risks, dependencies, and blockers
- Lead delivery of cross-functional projects throughout all lifecycle phases (initiation, scoping, execution, release), change and risk management, and ongoing product maintenance
- Partner with Engineering Leadership and stakeholders across the company to identify opportunities for process and product optimizations
- Be the point of contact for project communication regarding status, schedule, and scope updates
- Track and mitigate risks, dependencies, and blockers
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Audience-centric, clear, and effective communication
- Proven track record of delivering cross-functional projects
- General understanding of web application & corporate security
- General understanding of GRC processes and principles
- Firm understanding of technical architecture at previous companies
- Expertise in project management tools, such as Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence), and G Suite
- Ability to efficiently and effectively troubleshoot ambiguous challenges
- Independent thinking combined with the ability to react quickly, challenge ideas, and work autonomously
- Strong commitment to fostering a culture of inclusion, collaboration, and trust
IN YOUR FIRST THREE MONTHS, YOU WILL
- Get to know your role and team members through 1:1 and team meetings
- Shadow your stakeholders
- Work with your stakeholders and partners in Engineering, Legal, Finance, and others to build delivery schedules and roadmaps
- Learn the technical architecture of our technology system and apply that knowledge in scoping of new projects
- Define your technical program and its direction in a program charter
- Build a confident and comfortable relationship with leadership members of your teams
- Establish a cadence for project documentation updates with your project team and stakeholders
- Contribute to the larger TPM team with ideas on how to improve planning and delivery, and presenting a knowledge share on a relevant topic
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
- Begin contributing to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to you, e.g. Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, joining Game Night, etc.
WORKING AS A TPM AT SQUARESPACE
TPMs at Squarespace make shipping software easier and more predictable by driving for transparency and clear communication, working collaboratively, being radically candid, and leaving our ego at the door. We treat process and tools not as an end, but as the means to reach business goals and empower our customers. We lift each other up and provide equal opportunities for growth.
- Recruiter screen (phone)
- Initial TPM screen for TPM fundamentals and team fit (phone)
- Writing sample and review (phone)
- On-site interviews (1:1 interviews & TPM workshop)
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Squarespace sends members of the engineering team to speak at and attend the most relevant and impactful conferences throughout the year
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
*Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.