Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is changing the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and mission-driven. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed,meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting first media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel, creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads.
We can be the bridge. We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers.
Codecademy’s Learner Team is responsible for the core application. Through our Learning Environment, we present the interactive coding environment and instructions for lessons, projects, and quizzes to most effectively teach our learners. We believe that education is the best way to improve a person's life. Our team discovers the goals of learners and guides them to the right course material that will bring those objectives to fruition. We also organize how learners receive our supplemental content, like videos, articles, and code reviews - enabling them to have a truly fulfilling educational experience.
What You'll Do
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Codecademy products like the learner environment
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
What You'll Need
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- You know your browser APIs and optimizing for frontend performance is a challenge you'll gladly accept
- Proven experience with frontend frameworks like React JS or Angular JS
- Experience with React and Redux is strongly preferred
- BS/MS in Computer Science or engineering is helpful, but not required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.