Senior Product Designer, Design Systems
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll be an important design leader at Shutterstock guiding design decisions that support the customer, business, and technology. You'll be collaborating closely with product designers and software developers across the Shutterstock product ecosystem, connecting teams and drive best practices. We’re looking for a designer that can scale the Shutterstock Design System and maintain a living style guide that is flexible enough to scale across the entire business and drive design and engineering efficiencies. As a design leader, you’ll also be involved in growing Design Ops for Shutterstock by improving processes and helping to train designers and cross-functional teams to evangelize the design system across the organization.
Experience and Required Skills:
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products with a focus on design systems and frameworks
- Degree in Visual Design, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, HCI, or related field of study (or work experience in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of shipping delightful products. E-commerce is a plus.
- Experience with motion design and animation
- You have a design aesthetic. Your documents are simple, informative and filled with value. There is an attention to detail that borders on neurotic.
- You are comfortable working in the Agile methodology and how UX fits into that practice
- Embrace A/B testing as a methodology to understand what design and interactions work best toward acquiring more customers and retaining them
- You work through design problems from beginning to end: translating research insights into ideas that form disruptive new products and features, then sketching and prototyping these ideas to quickly assess viability, and design detailed interaction behaviors
- 1+ years experience leading a major design initiative and mentoring team members
- Ability to influence peers and managers to build consensus
- You are respectful when challenging assumptions and give and receive feedback with equal grace
- Enjoys working closely with product managers, engineers, data scientists and customer happiness teams to inform design decisions that lead to high business impact
- Passionate about mentorship to other members of the design team
Shutterstock, a global technology company, has created the largest and most vibrant two-sided marketplace for creative professionals to license content - including images, videos, and music - as well as innovative tools that power the creative process.
The company has expanded its portfolio to include Bigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; PremiumBeat, a curated royalty-free music library; Rex Features, a premier source of editorial images for the world's media; and Webdam, a cloud-based digital asset management platform for businesses, as well as Offset, a high-end image collection.
For more information, please visit www.shutterstock.com, follow Shutterstock on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V