Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable
Managed by Q is the platform for office management. Q makes it easy to run an office by connecting offices to services, including cleaning, maintenance, office administration, IT, and security. Companies use Q’s marketplace to discover vetted service providers, request project quotes, schedule work, and pay for office services, all in one place. A solution for recurring and ad-hoc office needs, Q saves companies valuable time and supports office operations for thousands of businesses nationwide.
About the role:
As a Staff Accountant for Q you will support the Director of Accounting and Accounting Manager guide the accounting team and the business units in the day-to-day and monthly financial operations of the business. This position will assist management and business unit leaders by providing accurate and timely financials to help Q make informed business decisions to reach its aggressive near and long term goals.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Process check runs and requests for payment (check/ACH/Wire/Credit card).
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Respond to all vendor inquiries and follow through on all matters through resolution.
- 1099 maintenance and working with manager to ensure all statements are issued and filed appropriately.
- Adept at process improvement identification, documentation and education, with a constant focus on working with the stakeholders of the business on automating wherever and whenever possible.
- Working across multiple operating systems and maintaining the outputs as the backup for journal entries recorded in Q’s financial reporting system so that Q’s processes and procedures are 100% audit ready.
- Executing upon a 5-day monthly close process while maintaining monthly balance sheet reconciliation preparation across key accounts to the business.
- BS in Accounting, Finance or comparable discipline.
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant accounts payable experience.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and preparing reports at multiple levels of summary and detail for various stakeholders of the business.
- A motivated problem solver with an ability to work to aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and own every challenge no matter the size of the task.
- Ability to communicate with a customer service focus both internally with stakeholders and externally with vendors.
A plus but not required:
- Experience with NetSuite financial system.
- Ground floor opportunity at one of the fastest growing companies in the world
- Competitive salary
- Generous Stock Options
- 401(k) with matching
- 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance
- An insanely supportive, hardworking team, building something BIG