Codecademy has helped over 45 million people learn to code. Join one of the most exciting technology companies in New York that is changing the way we learn.
Millennials are highly-educated, tech-literate, and looking to make an impact. Yet seven years after the great recession ended, nearly half of young university grads are underemployed, meaning they aren’t working jobs that require a degree. And the situation has only recently begun to improve. This year US students will graduate with $37,000 in debt, only to accept unpaid internships and part-time jobs.
Meanwhile, software is eating the world, disrupting media, publishing, and entertainment, and now food, transportation, and travel – creating millions of new technology jobs that companies are eager to fill. By 2020 there will be a shortage of 1 million more tech jobs than computer science grads. We can be the bridge. We can help this generation gain the skill to fill these jobs and enjoy happier, more fulfilling careers. Join us.
We’re looking to hire a UX Researcher to help us use qualitative data to drive product development and increase the usability of our learning experience.
Design is at the core of our company and product. In our diverse and growing team we look for designers who are thoughtful, reflective, articulate, and compassionate to the millions of learners we serve. As the first UX Researcher on our team, you’ll help to define how Codecademy conducts, documents, and uses research.
Your work will reach and empower millions of people worldwide to learn how to code and craft something. Together, we can redesign education and build the best online learning experience.
What You'll Do
- Partner with product managers, analysts, designers, engineers, learner operations, and others cross functional teams.
- Lead how research is conducted and documented across the company.
- Help teams structure the qualitative research portion of a project.
- Advocate for our learners by leading, conducting, synthesizing, and presenting research findings.
- Train designers and other team members how to conduct research.
- Work with teams to translate research into strategic design approaches for new and existing products at Codecademy.
What You'll Need
- 3-5 years relevant work experience conducting qualitative research.
- Ideally your experience includes conducting 1:1 interviews, facilitating group conversations, running surveys, and orchestrating usability tests.
- A track record of synthesizing research and effectively communicating insights to teams large and small.
- Ability to tell stories and inspire teammates with findings.
- You're more than comfortable working independently and representing user research across every department of the company.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.