Flatiron Health’s mission is to serve cancer patients and our customers by dramatically improving treatment and accelerating research. Our team is building a disruptive, oncology-specific software platform that connects cancer centers across the world on a common technology infrastructure to address key healthcare challenges.
This position primarily focuses on products and services for OncoEMR, our web-based, oncology-specific electronic medical record (EMR) system used by over 1,300 oncology clinicians every day to diagnose, treat and manage patients battling cancer.
Interface Engineers are the primary technical touchpoint for our cancer center partners who use our EMR. They work with customers to understand workflow requirements, develop HL7 interfaces, prototype reports, gather feedback and work with the broader Product Engineering team to identify and solve critical customer challenges.
- Work directly with customers, vendors and internal team during discovery phase for workflow requirements, and be able to represent how interfaces would fit into proposed solutions
- Manage interface projects including design, documentation, development, testing, and implementation of interfaces from kick-off to go-live
- Act as a technical touchpoint with customers and assist with customer support issues related to interfaces
- Work on multiple projects concurrently, monitor the status of tasks and escalate issues when appropriate
- Project Manage and assist practices with Oncology EMR integrations
- Assist practices with all data conversions, imports and exports
- You have 3+ years of healthcare or relevant experience (preferably working directly with an EMR)
- You have SQL experience and probably other query languages
- You are self-motivated and thrive in high-uncertainty situations
- You are flexible and adapt well to complex challenges
- You have strong analytical and technical skills
- You have strong project management, presentation, communication, and customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Scripting experience in VB.net or Python/Java
- Experience implementing and supporting HL7 interfaces version 2.x as well as CDA