Hello, we're Jackpocket
Jackpocket is a mobile lottery app that’s disrupting the $300B global lottery business by creating a more convenient, fun, and responsible lottery experience that everyone, including grandma, can feel good about. We were founded five years ago on the belief that great things can be done with the best of people, technology, and design.
Why Work with Us?
Our dedicated team of superhumans (and one adorable office pup) are making waves in a huge industry. We believe transparency, teamwork, and a healthy dose of daily fun are key to creating worktopia. Our people are supportive, forward-thinking, and truly enjoy spending time together.
An Insider's view of Jackpocket
How does your team reward individual success?
A few ways. First, there's spoken recognition during daily scrum when different teams meet to go over what we accomplished the day before and what we're currently working on. Everyone, including our CEO, gives shoutouts for great work on Slack. Then at Friday Wins, people have the opportunity to show the rest of the company what they've achieved.
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
Anything that will help Jackpocket users is part of my realm! Day to day that could mean working with developers to "check under the hood" and investigate potential issues, with the marketing team to ensure we're using consistent brand voice with our customers, or with product strategy to report customer feedback so we can continue to enhance.
What are some things you learned at the company?
I joined Jackpocket in the early days, when there were only 6 of us, and knew absolutely nothing about the lottery industry. It’s exciting because there is no roadmap for the problem we’re trying to solve. We get to build everything from scratch. It’s a unique opportunity and a challenge—nothing phases us!
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
If we have ideas, we can run with them. And then before you know it, it’s a key feature to our business. People aren’t telling you no. I’ve been with Jackpocket since the beginning and a couple of big company milestones came about from a question like “Hey, could we get this to work…?” that someone took ownership of and ran with.
What’s the vibe like in the office?
It’s a friendly, comfortable atmosphere, and we interact with each other in a low-pressure way. We love to go to lunch and happy hours together, and we have a rooftop deck where we can relax or even grill. Maybelle (our office dog) is usually running around. The people are a family.
Where we are
We're off the L and G in Williamsburg with cool lunch spots, shopping and bars galore. Citi Bikes are steps away. Free membership is an employee perk!
209 N 8th Street, Brooklyn, NY 11211
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Remote Work Program
Vacation & Time Off
Paid Sick Days
- Every day is a new challenge. When I arrive in the morning, I can’t wait to work with these smart, driven people. When people are truly passionate about your company and your product, it validates everything you’re working on.NickDeveloper
- I get a ton of flexibility and creative freedom in the work I get to do. These are the kinds of projects I was hoping for from the beginning! And, I feel like my ideas are well-received as well. People genuinely listen.KarolinaMotion Designer
- If you’re feeling ambitious, if there’s something you want to create, you can do it. No one gets in the way of a good idea.KenDevOps Engineer
- People here are very closely tied together. Most of us who are at the company now have been here for 4-5 years. That’s not what you see at other startups. Everyone loves what we're doing.GastonDeveloper
- We have very open communication. I'm not afraid to go up to anyone and say, "I have a question."MeishaCustomer Service
Jobs at Jackpocket7 open jobs
Dev + Engineer
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics