Headway’s mission is a big one - to build a new mental health care system everyone can access. We’ve built technology that helps people find great therapists with the first software-enabled national network of providers accepting insurance.
1 in 4 people in the US have a treatable mental health condition, but the majority of providers don’t accept insurance, making therapy too expensive for most people. Headway is building a new mental healthcare system that everyone can access by making it easy for therapists to take insurance and scale their practice.
Headway was founded in 2019 – since then, we’ve grown into a diverse, national network of over 25,000 mental healthcare providers across all 50 states who run their practice on our software. We’re a Series C company with over $225m in funding from a16z (Andreessen Horowitz), Accel, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Spark Capital, Thrive Capital, and Health Care Service Corporation.
We want your time here to be the most meaningful experience of your career. Join us, and help change mental healthcare for the better.
About The Role
As a Business Development Associate, you will be the operational and analytical horsepower that accelerates our company’s health plan partnerships efforts with health plans across the nation ensuring we build a mental healthcare system everyone can access. This role will ultimately be on the front-line of rewiring mental healthcare in America.
Reporting to one of Headway’s Business Development Directors, you will lead market analysis that shapes our prioritization of markets and payer partners, own healthcare research that will inform our health plan partnerships tact, and build out sales infrastructure that allows us to coordinate dozens of parallel efforts without breaking a sweat.
You will thrive in this role if…
- You have 3+ years of experience in consulting, banking, or a similar role where you owned complex analytical and/or operational problems from end-to-end. Bonus points for direct healthcare experience.
- You are resourceful, scrappy, and leave no stone unturned. Where others see challenges, you see opportunities.
- You are operationally excellent, able to manage a large volume of moving pieces.
You will love this role if…
- You thrive in ambiguity, and seek out opportunities to dive into unfamiliar challenges, drive towards outcomes, and shape strategy.
- You seek an environment that fosters individual growth through open-feedback and high-autonomy.
- You are motivated by the opportunity to face off against one of our generation’s defining problems: access to mental healthcare.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary information is based on a single salary target per role and is differentiated based on geographic location (Group A, B, or C)
- Group A: $125,000
- Group B: $112,500
- Group C: $100,000
- Examples of cities located in each Compensation Grouping:
- Group A = NYC/Tri-State Area, SF/Bay Area, LA Area, Seattle, Boston, Austin, and San Diego
- Group B = Chicago, Miami, Denver, Washington DC, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Minneapolis, Nashville, Sacramento, Phoenix, and Portland
- Group C = All remaining cities
- Benefits offered include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- HSA / FSA
- Work-from-Home Stipend
- Therapy Reimbursement
- 13 paid holidays each year as well as a Holiday Break during the week between December 25th and December 31st
- Unlimited PTO
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Training and professional development
We believe a team's strength is in its people, and we cannot achieve this mission without a team that reflects the diversity of this problem - across race, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, age, national origin, religion, family status, disability, military status, and experience.
Headway is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Headway will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Headway employees work remotely across the US, with the option to work from offices in New York City and (coming soon!) San Francisco. Headway participates in E-Verify. To learn more, click here.