Associate Editor at Zocdoc
Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As an associate editor, you’ll play a pivotal role in the evolution of content at Zocdoc.
You’ll enjoy this role if you …
- Love to write
- Want a hands-on brand journalism experience
- Think it would be exciting to work at a health tech company
- Are a voracious consumer of health and healthcare content
- Are self-motivated, compassionate and detail-oriented
Your day to day …
- Help manage Zocdoc’s patient blog, The Paper Gown:
- Generate story ideas and produce originally reported stories.
- Support senior managing editor in every aspect of the editorial process, including fielding pitches, editing and packaging stories, corresponding with freelancers, and maintaining the editorial calendar.
- Help plan and execute content distribution campaigns across editorial, marketing and product channels.
- Work cross-functionally with various Zocdoc teams including PR, Product and Marketing to produce content that supports brand and engagement initiatives.
- Produce B2B content to increase brand awareness, generate press coverage, and drive interest in Zocdoc among healthcare providers.
- Keep up with news, trends and cultural conversations related to health, healthcare, public health and wellness.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have …
- 2-4 years working in journalism, content marketing or another editorial role, or 1-2 years of work experience with a relevant Master’s degree
- Experience in health/science writing (preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree (required)
- The ability to distinguish stories from topics
- Excellent grammar and mechanics, an engaging writing style, and strong reporting instincts
- Comfort writing about scientific research for mainstream audiences
- A basic grasp of SEO
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.