Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
Cityblock delivers care where it works best for our members. In addition to our community-based teams, we’ve made our services even stronger for COVID-19 and beyond by adding a Community Rapid Response team and Virtual Care offerings, allowing our members to access care 24/7 via the phone, video, and text message.
As a part of the team, you’ll go above and beyond to connect with members across all of our markets in a respectful and empathic manner to meet their needs and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
The Clinical Content Creator drafts product requirements, documents the workflows and SOPs of the team, creates content to enable successful implementation including job aids and training materials, and ensures that the final documentation is easy to access (maintaining a cohesive archive with the clinical content creators of the other clinical product lines). This person is an expert at clear, concise writing and can put together a mean flow chart. They have a clinical background and ensure that the workflows they’re building meet/exceed industry standards.
- Define and document clinical workflows to ensure consistent operations that promote member safety.
- Hold the pen on content changes across our clinical content, with an eye towards the whole being more than the sum of its parts.
- Partner with the clinical content creators on other clinical product lines to:
- Create a set of standardized templates for workflows and product requirements.
- Create a set of standardized content to support implementation such as job aids and training materials.
- Create a standard workflow archive; a “source of truth” for all clinical workflows and content to support implementation.
- Develop a standardized system to incorporate feedback to improve content and to maintain version control.
- Maintain the archive for your product line; all active workflows should be easily accessible. Outdated information is identified and removed or updated.
- Build job aids and training materials across audiences, train teams on new workflows, and nest the training materials in your archive.
- Draft, develop, and finalize content that can be leveraged across audiences, including clinicians, operators, patients, and external stakeholders to enable successful launch, implementation, and ongoing performance monitoring of products.
Requirements for the Role:
- Nursing degree or >5 years working in clinical care delivery (eg. as a scribe or medical assistant).
- 2+ years of experience building clinical workflows.
- Experience in a hospital or clinical setting.
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Strong written communication skills a must, with the ability to concisely articulate complex workflows and write plainly and effectively with audience health literacy in mind.
- Skilled use of workflow documentation tools (google slides, google documents, lucidchart, etc), a must.
How We Define Success:
- Create, develop, and finalize clinical workflows, job aids, and other relevant clinical content for 1-2 clinical design plans launched each quarter.
- Launch and maintain a standardized system to incorporate and track feedback to improve clinical content, monitor version control, and archive final content with demonstrated ease of access for users.
- Seamlessly nest clinical design content within the soon to be launched Cityblock centralized content management operations and system. This may require collaboration with this new unit to understand requirements and offer recommendations.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience in graphic design, video content creation, and/or other communication modalities a plus.
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.