Content Specialist - Community Experience
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Meetup's Community Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and we use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team engages with hundreds of community members every day - we answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup's Community Guidelines. We do this by sharing product feedback with Meetup's Product Managers, and presenting community highlights to the entire team at Meetup.
As the Community Content Specialist, you are the heart of the Meetup Help Center. You are dedicated to ensuring it is a living and breathing resource for our community to be able to quickly and effortlessly find the answers to their most popular questions.
What you’ll do:
- Manage all development and operations of our customer facing knowledge base designed to help our global community to find the answers to their support questions quickly and easily
- Analyze metrics to identify opportunities to make Help Center more functional as a self service tool for our members
- Work with Product Liaison and internal troubleshooting team to quickly identify emerging issues and create content that will help our community stay up to date and informed on the status of a question or concern around an aspect of the product
- Craft standardized responses to common issues so that the Community Team can quickly and easily engage with the Meetup community in a unified way.
- Work with a strategy partner to conduct usability testing to ensure we have a deep understanding of the user experience of the Meetup Help Center
- Know the strong content is the key to driving an effortless support experience
- Know just the right words to use to craft your message
- Have the ability to prioritize tasks and work autonomously in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Have a proven ability to think like a customer and like a support agent
- Have a background in customer service and/or contact center operations
- Are skilled, efficient and eloquent in written and verbal communication
- Are experienced working in a multicultural, multilingual global organization
- Have a keen interested in information, knowledge, process and project management methodologies
- You have experience in project management and take pride in how process can create a high quality end result
- Have a passion for creating community IRL and the mission of Meetup
- Take ownership of programs and connect the dots to see maximum impact from your work
- You display patience and empathy at all times as well as excellent interpersonal skills
- Are able to manage stress and to work under pressure and adapt to adverse situations
- Are down to work at least 40 hours a week, which may include evening or early morning hours.
Plus if you:
- Are a Meetup Organizer or Member
- Are experienced working with Zendesk
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?