Copywriter / Internal Communications Associate at Cedar
Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
The Copywriter / Internal Communications Associate will be responsible for writing compelling marketing and promotional materials aligned with Cedar’s brand guidelines, including (but not limited to) blog posts, white papers/research, social content, e-books, and target buyer persona-specific sales collateral. This role is part of Cedar’s marketing team, and will report directly to Cedar’s Content & Communications Director. Additionally, this role will support the build-out of our internal communications function to support employee engagement, education and awareness goals, as well as recruiting initiatives.
At Cedar, we look for candidates who are driven, energetic and excited to join a fast-paced company! The ideal candidate is a strategic problem solver, self-starter and has previously worked in a start-up (or entrepreneurial) environment.
- Write copy for a variety of media and marketing channels (both internal and external) including social, print, video and online
- Edit and proof work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs
- Own ongoing internal communications plan and work with people operations and marketing leadership to ensure efficient positioning and progress against key performance metrics
- Collaborate across teams to assess project needs and help with messaging
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere
- See projects through the whole creative lifecycle, from inception to deployment
- Bachelor's degree (degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications preferred)
- 3-5 years experience in content marketing or copywriting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong creative thinking skills and ability to think conceptually
- Comfortable working independently with little direction under tight timeframes
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a diligent eye for detail, language, flow, and grammar
- Proven track record of demonstrating a brand voice
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent portfolio of work
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions!
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for the Copywriter / Internal Communications Associate roles who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.