We’re looking for a Copywriter/Content Strategist to join the Vimeo Creative team. This person should not only be a master of words, but also a strategic thinker. Someone who can both tell a great story and help create the overarching narrative of a brand.
Copywriter/Content Strategists, and all the Creatives at Vimeo, are expected to wear a few hats. Specifically, you should be comfortable]e concepting and executing content for editorial, blog, social, video, events and all things Vimeo. And coming up with the most strategic and organized way to roll that material out into the world.
You should speak Internet — able to express an idea in 140 characters (or, I guess, 280 characters now) or create a piece of content that catches your attention in the first sentence or opening frame. But you should also speak long-form narrative, and be able to embrace the subtleties that Vimeo as a brand has to offer.
And, naturally, you should understand content strategy, and how it contributes to the larger narrative of Vimeo as a platform for video creators.
You’ll collaborate with our internal content team, the Creative Team, as well as external Vimeo creators and creative partners on a daily basis.
To get granular for a minute — applicants should have a background in content strategy and content-focused copywriting and at least 3 years experience working for an in-house content marketing team or digitally-minded creative agency.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the Creative Team at Vimeo to concept and create content marketing.
- Use data and your experience to establish and evolve Vimeo’s overarching content strategy and content marketing plan.
- Regularly report on the performance of content from owned and organic channels.
- Work closely with the creative team and Creator Labs to help push innovation and define the future of storytelling at Vimeo.
- Continue to define and strengthen the beloved Vimeo brand, and enable the world’s creators to tell even more amazing stories.
- Be comfortable providing creative oversight during video shoots, post-production, events production, and anything-else production.
- Be responsible and autonomous. Vimeo’s Creative Team is a very self-starting and self-regulating crew. And it’s largely on you to stay on track, deliver on-schedule and do your thing.
- Collaborate daily with teams across Vimeo, including Marketing, Product, Engineering, Community, Biz Dev, Creator Labs and beyond.
If you’re applying, you should:
- Have 3+ years of experience working for an in-house content marketing team or digitally-minded creative agency. Ideally both.
- Experience working with or for a SaaS company a plus
- Have a bachelor’s degree, and a background in copywriting and content
- Have a digital portfolio containing relevant content strategy/copywriting samples
- Be a word nerd.
- Have a design eye, even if you don’t have a design hand. Meaning, you have a design sensibility and be able to tell a visual story, even if you aren’t a Photoshop whiz.
- Be a stickler for brand guidelines (and, just as importantly, know when to ignore then entirely)
- Light coding skills are a plus
- Content calendar and activation strategy experience is a plus.
To apply, please send us:
- A brief, non-generic cover letter
- A link to your portfolio
- A great resume
Vimeo empowers video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 60 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform and provides powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible. Founded in 2004 and based in New York City, Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.