We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students who in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 150+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $80m in venture capital funding from top investors including Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that empowers tens of millions of people to lead better lives, join us!
The Curriculum Developer is responsible for designing and authoring educational content, creating educational products, and ensuring that learner outcomes can be successfully achieved.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Design and author new content, including lessons, quizzes, projects, courses, and outcome-oriented learning paths.
- Review, provide feedback to, and mentor a network of 3rd party authors who contribute content to Codecademy.
- Research educational techniques and philosophies, and apply them to curricula.
- Research the learner experience, identify weaknesses in curriculum and make improvements to existing content.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, and marketers to design, create, market, and improve Codecademy's curricula.
- Collaborate with the Customer Support and Product teams to gain insight into the learner experience and make data-based improvements to curricula.
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams to create and improve the content authoring process and tools, and make improvements to our learning environment.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor's degree or practical experience required.
- Professional or volunteer experience teaching, instructing, or creating educational content.
- Data analysis experience in one or more programming languages, including, but not limited to, Python or R.
- Familiarity with SQL.
- Experience with data visualization.
- Experience with developer tools such as Git, GitHub, and the command line.
- Interest and ability to learn programming languages, libraries, and frameworks quickly.
- Experience writing or editing English language content professionally.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Data Science, Statistics, Education, or a related field.
- Experience creating dashboards in a BI tool such as Tableau, Looker, or PowerBI.
- Experience with data pipelines, Big Data technologies (PySpark, Hadoop, etc.), or building and deploying to cloud platforms.
- Project, product, or people management experience involving small to large teams.
- Experience working with 3rd party authors and vendors to deliver high-quality content.
- Experience writing or editing educational content that reaches a wide audience in a digital format (such as blogs or e-books) or in print.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote