Reorg provides breaking news and market-moving intelligence along with cutting-edge technology and data for hedge funds, investment banks and advisory firms. We are changing the way that professionals access opaque or complex information, and we are always looking for bright minds to join us on that mission.
Reorg Research is seeking a deputy managing editor to join our team of experienced, successful and highly motivated individuals at one of New York City’s fastest-growing companies. The deputy managing editor will be responsible for helping to coordinate a team of driven journalists and commissioning and editing articles about distressed, stressed and high-yield debt borrowers. He or she will also coordinate his or her work with teams of financial and legal analysts.
The role requires experience covering financial markets, strong editing skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate will display excellent time management and communication skills and will have experience managing teams of journalists with different experience levels and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
Find out more about Reorg here: https://reorg.com/products/americas/
What we offer
- Join a team of passionate experts
- Fast growing and innovative company
- Generous benefit package
- Commission, write and edit articles on leveraged and distressed debt borrowers
- Work closely with a team of journalists, financial analysts and legal analysts
- Help develop editorial strategy and foster reporters’ growth
- Develop and maintain buyside contacts in the credit market as well as with financial advisors, investment bankers and restructuring lawyers
- Attend industry specific conferences and events
- Experience covering financial markets, ideally debt/restructuring
- Motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong editing ability and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, notably mentor and train junior reporters
- Team worker with great interpersonal skills
- Action Oriented
- Customer First Mindset
- Effective Team Players
- Driven To Excel
Please note before submitting an application: At Reorg we take our interview process very seriously. Interviewing with Reorg may include phone interviews, on-site interviews, written projects and presentations. Although we receive a large number of applicants, we do our best to follow up and ensure it is a positive experience.
Reorg provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Reorg complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Read Full Job Description