Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
The Content & Editorial team at HomeAdvisor is looking for experienced Freelance Writers to join our growing network of contributors. We’re building best-in-class digital content to help our users learn how to improve and take care of their homes.
This is a freelance position and we are only accepting US-based hires at this time.
As a freelance writer for HomeAdvisor, you will work with the Content & Editorial team to create and update engaging, informative articles on home topics including home repair and renovations, plumbing, electrical, interior/exterior home painting, landscaping and more.
Freelance writers will receive content briefs that contain details about each assignment, including priority keywords, suggested headlines and meta data, subheadings, as well as general voice and tone guidelines and other best practices. Writers will be responsible for implementing changes based on feedback from Content Editors.
Content properties you will write for including, but not limited to:
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing 10-20 articles per month, submitting articles throughout the month to meet deadlines.
- Incorporating edits, up to two rounds, in order to meet publishing expectations and deadlines.
- Coordinating with Content Project Manager and Content Editors for assignments and feedback.
- Writing content that upholds Angi's brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise, authority and trust.
- Writing content that satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Performing in-depth research and cross-referencing of all online resources to ensure content is factually correct and original.
- Ensuring all written content free of grammatical errors prior to publication.
- Recording time or projects accurately, submitting itemized invoices in a timely manner and following up on payment, as needed, directly with our Accounts Payable department.
- Demonstrable track record of writing content for the web and a passion for creating content.
- SEO knowledge and experience required.
- 2+ years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web.
- Experience with Grammarly, Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday.com a plus.
- A degree in English, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- Experience writing for home, lifestyle, real estate and/or construction markets preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $0.10 - $0.20 per word, commensurate with experience and performance.
- This is a freelance position and is not eligible for company benefits