German Language Specialist (Part-Time Contract)
Vimeo is looking for a contract English-to-German language specialist to work on bringing the world’s best video platform to our German users and creators. You will be vital in translating the “Voice of Vimeo.”
This will be a 15-20 hour per week contract position, with the potential for permanent part-time employment after 3 months..
This position requires a flexible schedule and part of the work to be performed on-site at Vimeo’s headquarters in New York.
What you'll do:
- Translate English copy and messaging on the Vimeo website, mobile apps, and marketing materials into German for the German market
- Translate the Vimeo voice and tone for a German audience
- Review previous translations for consistency and accuracy
- Work with Product Managers to understand new features and updates to the site to best be able to translate them for the German market
- Work with Design and Messaging teams to better understand context and provide alternatives where needed
- Work with Marketing team to help target marketing messaging to a German audience while preserving Vimeo’s voice
- Propose improved translations through vendor dashboard and respond to issues
- Audit site for any UI or UX issues in regards to translation
- Take part in marketing, market research and users survey projects in order to enhance the understanding of the German market
Skills and knowledge you should possess:
- Bilingual in German, with German preferably as mother-tongue
- Familiarity with Vimeo’s site and voice
- Experience in localizing for the technology sector
- Attention to detail – organizationally inclined
- Aptitude with Google Docs, Office suite and Project management platforms
- Desire to be part of a growing team as opposed to pure “freelancing”
- Experience in copywriting in German
- Project management/coordination experience
- Knowledge of film or video world
- Experience working with Smartling TMS and/or CAT tools
At Vimeo, our mission is to empower video creators to tell exceptional stories and connect with their audiences and communities. Home to more than 80 million members in over 150 countries, Vimeo is the world’s largest ad-free open video platform, providing powerful tools to host, share and sell videos in the highest quality possible.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed, and to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Vimeo is based in New York City, with additional offices in Europe and India. Vimeo is an operating business of IAC (NASDAQ: IAC). Learn more at www.vimeo.com.