HQ Creative Project Manager / Producer at Harry's Inc.
Hi, we’re Headquarters. Some people might call us “root-obsessed,” and they’re right—because we know that a great head of hair starts with healthy roots. We’re Headquarters, a best-in-class haircare brand that grew out of the needs of real women, a ton of research, and a lot of love.
Launched in January 2021, we’re the newest brand developed by Harry’s Inc. and we’re here to prove that there’s a better way for people to engage with their own hair health, one day at a time.
Our growing team includes some of the best minds (and heads of hair) in R&D, consumer insights, customer experience, marketing, and beyond. We know that hair isn’t everything… but it’s still a big deal in our book. It’s a source of comfort with the potential to totally reinvent how we see ourselves.
Headquarters also supports our communities by donating 1% of our sales to local grassroots organizations that benefit women and their mental health. We’re proud to be a part of the work that’s changing our communities for the better. Together, we’re reimagining how we care for our hair to help everyone have more good (hair) days.About the Role
As the Creative Project Manager, you will be a part of the core team responsible for shaping and growing the Headquarters brand in its infancy. The Creative PM is the glue that holds the team together. You hunt down inefficiencies for sport and get ‘a high’ for creating and implementing processes that work and make work better for more people.
You are first and foremost a team player, resourceful, and extremely well organized. You’re a pro with time management, schedule management, and budget management. You don’t hesitate to flex into a producer role when it comes time to plan a photoshoot or produce swag.
You enjoy managing schedules and deliverables to ensure all projects have the necessary resources to meet Headquarter’s high creative standards. You are passionate about the creative process and desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
You will support the Head of Creative & Comms, the Creative team (Design, Copy, Social), and broader comms/marketing function by implementing and optimizing project management processes, guiding projects through the briefing and creative process, assisting with resource allocation, scheduling and facilitating reviews, approvals, delivery and tracking budget.
What you will accomplish:
Working within the Creative Team, and partnering cross-functionally, on projects big and small — establishing trust along the way.
- You will be the steward and source-of-truth for all creative-related projects. You will traffic all initiatives from start to finish while keeping abreast of upcoming milestones.
- Creative Projects: Managing and coordinating copy & design projects for brand book and style guide, DR ads, social, DTC site, retail, presentations, print collateral, etc.
- Brand Projects: end-to-end project management for launches, brand campaigns, comms initiatives, events/activations, etc.
- Content Production & Shoots: Organizing and ushering photo/video production including pre-production sourcing, briefing, timeline planning, negotiating; relevant on-set details; and all post-production processes and delivery of assets;
- With Head of Creative & Comms, you will manage resource allocation and availability to ensure peak efficiency across the creative/comms team. Resource management includes internal designers/copywriters as well as external/freelance partners
- You will manage the team’s stack by working hand-in-hand with team members and cross-functional leads to scope project tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
- You will organize and run discovery, kick-off meetings, standups, project retros, and other project meetings—ensuring requirements/learnings are captured, cross-functional visibility is provided, and recaps are shared
- You will define and implement all processes, systems, and tools that our team requires to work cross-functionally, including a project management platform (like Asana) and Google Drive.
- You will help manage annual department budgets as well as own individual project budgets for various creative campaigns, initiatives, and shoots—both big and small. Includes developing estimates, negotiating, tracking, and recapping project spend.
- You can positively represent the creative team in all cross-functional meetings with your go-getter attitude, respect for every team member, understanding of the business, organized mind, knack for executing, and passion for great ideas and design. You will communicate on behalf of the team as needed and capture notes and output for them.
- You will work to foresee and prevent situations where project feedback isn’t taken into consideration, a piece of the puzzle is missing, or an element doesn’t align with their overall goals and objectives that have been set.
- You will regularly communicate and present project schedules, statuses, and updates to various team members.
- You will proactively and consistently conceive of, define, and develop process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity across the creative, comms, as well as cross-functional teams.
An organizational juggernaut
- You like to account for all the small pieces yet can step back to see the big picture.
- You have established useful processes where ones did not previously exist.
- You have a track record of improving cross-functional processes that resulted in a more efficient and joyful way to work.
- You absolutely dominate project management platforms and can easily train other team members to do the same.
- You have experience working with start-up brands and/or creative agencies focused on multidisciplinary work.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You don’t always wait to be told what to; you proactively look for ways to add value that the broader team can feel.
- Budgets don’t intimidate you; you intimidate budgets. You have experience managing and sticking to budgets with meticulous notes and detailed line items.
- You champion great work and second guess the bad. You have experience shepherding work in a high-paced environment in all stages: from conception to execution.
- You flex your interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships across functions.
- You’re eager to go all in and make your mark on a company in its early days.
Self-motivated & collaborative partner
- You are resourceful, take initiative, and comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several projects
- You adapt well to change and unexpected updates
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to work with creative and non-creative partners and stakeholders
- You are excited to be apart of the brand from early days; building process from the ground up
- Approach projects, big and small, with equal enthusiasm and passion
- As a consumer, you have an interest in beauty, haircare, and wellness
- You are amped to work on a forward-thinking women’s brand and do the unexpected
- Reporting to Head of Creative & Communications
- Work within the Creative & Comms Team
- Partner with the entire Headquarters crew
- Collaborate with Digital Product & Performance Marketing Teams; as well as Harry’s Inc Design & Retail teams
- 30% Day-to-day Creative Project Management
- 25% Brand/Campaign Project Management
- 25% Content Production & Shoots
- 20% Process Development & Optimization
- 3+ years project management experience supporting Creative Services, Brand, Marketing Operations, or similar
- Some experience in photoshoot production is a bonus, not required
- Strong knowledge and experience with Asana and/or other PM tools
- Proficient in Google everything: Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc
- Knowledge of the creative and/or marketing process is highly preferred
- Some knowledge or strong interest in video & content production
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.