Senior Director, Music Partnerships at Peloton
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.
Peloton is the largest global interactive fitness platform with over 3.1M members. The Peloton experience combines amazing workout content with technology and community to bring studio-style workouts to life in the convenience and comfort of your home. Music is an essential part of the Peloton ecosystem and brand. The music department plays a vital role in sourcing, negotiating and programming the best music content that powers our workouts and continuously surprises and delights our membership. The Partnerships team is at the front end of identifying key artist and brand opportunities that can be leveraged on and off the platform via activations that you will develop in collaboration with multiple teams across the company to drive growth for the business.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate music industry leader and professional with strong communication and business skills who understands content licensing processes, possesses excellent music relationships across the industry, knowledge of music and digital marketing, clear verbal and written communication, organization, teamwork and leadership skills.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Cultivate a deep understanding of Peloton’s music platform and opportunities for the global music industry.
- Consider how music affects the Peloton member or member acquisition strategy at the intersection of all the facets of the brand: content, technology, software, product, experience, fitness, design, retail and apparel.
- Be responsible for concepting and executing music strategies to strengthen ties between Peloton, music artists and fans of fitness and music.
- Design partnership and programming strategy and approach around Artist driven content series and music-related content a for Peloton and extended platforms
- Represent the unique benefits of Peloton platform to music partners with a focus on cultivated direct relationships with artists and artist managers
- Foster a deeper relationship between Peloton, instructors and music artists through additional complimentary content, shoulder content within Peloton marketing strategy that aligns with Peloton’s brand goals
- Prototype and prove out the benefits of new, impactful music experiences in the native Peloton app, through cross-functional collaborations and business partnerships
- Carry a real-time understanding of music licensing and the industry landscape, especially as pertains to labels, publishers, songwriters and competitive fitness category - ensure Peloton is maintaining best-in-class relationships with these stakeholders
- Evaluate possibilities and surface opportunities with music/tech/content partners as aligned with Peloton’s roadmap
- Shepherd Peloton’s impact as a Techstars Music membership company by mentoring and actively assisting startup classes
- Obsessively level up the visibility of Peloton’s positive contributions to artists and the music industry, through increasingly clear and transparent reporting of desired music consumer behaviors, directly attributed to Peloton
- 12 Years of Music Partnership or Artist Relations Experience
- 10 Years of Business Development or Business Affairs Experience
- 5+ Years of Music Technology Studio or Media Studio Music Experience
- Extensive artist management, label and publisher relationships
- Digital, Experiential, Marketing and Production experience and expertise in music integrations across all categories
- Bachelor Degree.
- Advanced Degree in related fields of Business or Legal a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand’s immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.