Senior Technical Writer at Movable Ink
Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As our platform continues to expand, we’re focused on helping our wide range of users understand the many ways they can create powerful experiences with our product. We’re looking for a Senior Technical Writer who can add to and maintain our extensive support content, but your chance to make an impact doesn’t stop at documentation: as a core member of our Product team, you’ll also identify new ways to bring clarity and ease of use to our full product experience.
Fast-forward one year. Here’s what you’ll have accomplished:
- You’ve filled our Support Center with crystal-clear content, but you’ve also refined the Support Center’s navigation structure, and you’ve embedded support content throughout our main product. Thanks to you, our users are finding help at just the right moments!
- You’ve worked closely with teams across the company to put yourself in our users’ shoes. You regularly dig into site behavior, user research, and client feedback, and it shows: the content you’ve developed is easier than ever for users to access, understand, and apply
- With the help of the Product Design team, you’ve developed standards for interface copy and have helped to apply them consistently throughout every moment of the user experience
- Across Engineering, Product, and Design, you’ve developed a reputation not just as a documentation expert, but as a partner who’s involved throughout the product development process. Your input directly shapes features—not just their supporting documentation
- Experience creating documentation for a B2B SaaS company
- Able to translate complex technical concepts for both expert and non-expert audiences
- Able to manage projects and deadlines across a variety of teams and stakeholders
- Experience with web development or coding in some form or another—able to understand enough of a feature’s technical underpinnings to explain related concepts in documentation
- Experience working in the marketing technology or enterprise SaaS spaces
- Able to develop informative material in a variety of formats, including graphics, animations, and videos
- Experience not only on the documentation side of a product, but also on interface copy
- Experience using analytics tools to measure content performance