Discovery hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity.
In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry-leading products, platforms and experiences. Our brands include Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and leading content partners around the world. If you want to work on the future of media alongside uniquely talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
The Senior Product Copywriter will collaborate across the organization to develop and deliver award-winning product and brand experiences people love. You will create customer-facing copy for our groundbreaking product and brand experiences across our platforms and services. To this end, you will help establish and maintain editorial and style guidelines that will speak directly to consumers from within our products. Other major areas of your focus will be customer acquisition, onboarding and retention, quality assurance and ASO, SEO, CRM push and email campaigns.
This role can be located in NYC, NY or Los Angeles, CA.
- Create clear, compelling and error-free copy on deadline that meets brand voice, tone and digital product standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate to design and maintain all brand language systems, design copy and button/CTA style libraries, templates, mockups, user scenarios, flows and experience documentation.
- Align work with overarching business and engagement goals to increase user satisfaction.
- Encourage optimal viewer and subscriber engagement through brand storytelling, utilizing tone, voice and stylized messaging.
- Partner with designers, data scientists and content strategists to create, evaluate and continuously refine innovative user experiences.
- Excellent copyediting skills!
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5+ years experience as entertainment industry copywriter for digital products, brands and experiences
- 5+ years experience copywriting with CRM product lines highly preferred
- Must provide portfolio with writing samples and complete copywriting test
- Strong copyediting skills are a must!
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States
- Excellent knowledge of AP Style, American English spelling, grammar, punctuation and usage; international language skills a plus
- Deep knowledge and experience copywriting for mobile, living room and connected product environments with respect to key user flows and human behavior
- Fluent in branding, product functionality and user experience theory, practice and language; strong visual thinking
- Knowledge of emerging trends for digital products and cross-platform content integrations
- Hands-on experience with user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews
- Friendly, funny, outside-the-box thinking; creative problem-solving mastery
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.