ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The SVP of Content is the right hand to the founders, executing their vision of the brand and bringing creative and operational leadership. This strategic senior management leader works across multiple channels, including email, video, social, audio, branded content and events, and supervises a staff of over 25. He/she/they also collaborates across the organization to help further business goals, and is the key stakeholder of these relationships as they relate to content.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Final responsibility for day-to-day management of all channels, ensuring a best-in-class content operation.
- Oversee all content team leads, including content operations, video, audio, social, branded content, etc.
- Oversee and maintain quality and consistency of voice and vision across all content channels, ensuring that all content is on brand and aligns with the mission.
- Oversee and maintain operational processes by instituting systems and procedures to ensure an efficient, streamlined editorial department that can successfully work cross functionally.
- Monitor analytics and foster a data-minded environment to ensure audience engagement and loyalty.
- Partner with marketing, sales, communications, product and tech teams as required to effectively create inventory for partners and value to the user experience.
- Determine and oversee cross-platform content strategy, along with founding team.
- Recruit, hire, develop, train and motivate staff.
- Help execute roadmap for strategic partnerships with organizations and people that advance the brand’s mission and impact.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Minimum of 15 years of experience
- Strong digital experience
- Management track record of advocating for, developing and retaining talent
- News experience/critical judgment/ability to work in a changing news environment
- Experience running operations and providing strategic oversight
- Creative/Editorial leader paired with a business mind
- Strong news judgment combined with lifestyle sensibility
- Operational excellence; process orientation
- Ability to inspire staff to do great work
- Strong command and conviction, but pliable/flexible
- High emotional intelligence
- Confident, with ego checked at the door
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role ideally based in New York, NY, with some possibility of remote work.
We are partnering with Koller Search Partners on this role and ask that any interested applicants please reach out to both Karen Danziger and Whitney Sisler at [email protected] and [email protected].