Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
Co-founded by seasoned data-recovery, data-protection, and information-security experts, OwnBackup is a backup and restore independent software vendor (ISV) on the Salesforce AppExchange. Headquartered in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, with research and development (R&D), support, and other functions in Israel, EMEA and APAC, OwnBackup is the partner of choice for some of the world’s largest users of SaaS applications.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Work with the information security team to improve the quality of documentation, such as policies, standards and procedures including the development and editing technical content and recommending document structure and process improvements.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of various internal/external collaterals related to information security and privacy to ensure alignment and consistency of contents in the various outlets used within the organization.
- Responsible for handling other documentation requirements as needed. This includes writing, editing, layout and design, and creating charts and illustrations. Examples of documentation needs include (but is not limited to) instructional manuals, reports, job aids, workflow diagrams.
- Owns the content and collaboration site, which is expected to house the policies, standards, and procedures (PSPs), and other documentation described above.
- Lead customer-focused content strategy development and execution related to OwnBackup’s information security posture.
- Partner closely with security and solution engineering teams all along the way to build the contents.
- Translate Cybersecurity and Privacy concepts quickly, grasp technical concepts and translate to compelling, understandable documents for both technical and non-technical readers.
- Deploy metrics to track progress against program metrics, report monthly on progress and define annual goals.
- Build and maintain documentation deliverables, dashboards and communication materials for the management on information security risk and the overall progress of the information security program.
- A minimum of 5 years technical writing experience
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related field
- Strong interest in Cybersecurity and Privacy topics
- Technical Writing experience within AWS, Azure or SaaS environments
- Familiarity with Information Security and Privacy concepts and frameworks such as FedRamp, SOC2, ISO 27001/2, NIST CSF, NIST 800-53, GDPR, CCPA, etc.
- Knowledge of Shared Cybersecurity Questionnaire (SIG), Consensus Assessment Initiative Questionnaire (CAIQ), and RFPIO is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite or G-Suite
- Excellent written skills - translate the complicated into easy to digest form
- Creative thinking and a top notch research sleuth
- Collaborative, able to build strong relationships
- Great relationship skills and sense of humor
- Attention to detail
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.