Technical Writer at Foursquare
Foursquare is the leading independent location technology company, powered by our deep understanding of how people move throughout the world. Our solutions help businesses make smarter decisions, developers create more engaging experiences, and brands build more effective marketing strategies.
Foursquare’s platform includes Attribution, Audience, Pinpoint, Proximity, Places, Pilgrim SDK and Visits. As the industry’s first and only accredited company for location data from the Media Rating Council (MRC), this foundation powers all our solutions — those that exist today and those we have yet to build. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map and models fresh and up-to-date, building a phone’s-eye-view of the world with 105 million unique places of interest worldwide.
About the Team:
The Developer Experience team is passionate about making sure that customers both new and old are enabled for success when interacting with our user facing technical content. We write and maintain technical documentation for all of our Developer products as well as usage guides that tell the story of “Why Foursquare?”. The team understands our users and we work to make sure that what we present to them gets them what they need, when and how they need it. We collaborate closely with marketing, product and engineering teams to deliver a high quality product and smooth feature launches with thorough and thoughtful documentation.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Work with product managers and engineers to consolidate product features and capabilities to create accurate and easily understood written documentation.
- Deliver documentation in lockstep with product releases, ensuring smooth customer onboarding to new product features.
- Create Implementation Guides based on key client use cases
- Evaluate the quality of and improve existing documentation to elevate the Foursquare developer experience and make it easy to use Foursquare products.
- Be an advocate for our developers, be willing to give feedback to Product and Engineering on the impact of product choices on clarity of documentation
- Ensure consistency in content, tone, style and information architecture across all of our developer content and in alignment with overall brand positioning.
- Construct user journeys through our Developer Portal and products in order to build the right story for our developers
- 3+ years experience in a Technical Writing role documenting developer focused products.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience working with stakeholders from Product Management, Engineering and Customer Success.
- Ability to dig in and understand technical concepts and use cases
- Familiarity with Git and Markdown
- Ability to write basic HTML and CSS
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.