IEX Cloud is a data infrastructure and delivery platform for financial and alternative data sets. We build high performance APIs and real time streaming data services used by hundreds of thousands of applications and developers. Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database and messaging technologies.
Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database and messaging technologies. As a technical writer, you will use your writing and technical skills to write clear and consistent documentation and tutorials on high-complexity features. You will write for experienced developers, non-technical users, and business decision makers. Your work will support a large global community of IEX Cloud users.
- Strong command of the English language
- Clear and concise writer
- Creative, self-starter, eager to take initiative and learn new things
- Appetite for fast-paced work on a highly scalable data platform in a dynamic startup environment
- Belief in IEX's mission
What you’ll do:
- Work with technical and non-technical teams to meet the documentation needs of our users.
- Define the tools and standards for all user documentation.
- Work with our engineering teams to create internal and external documentation throughout the application development life cycle.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
- Experience creating documentation for a technical audience
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern infrastructure such as distributed systems, APIs, and DaaS/IaaS.
- Able to convey complex concepts in a clear, concise, and consistent manner for a variety of audiences - technical and non technical.
- Knowledge of Markdown, JSON, YAML, or similar languages.
- PLUS for experience with any of the following:
- Familiar with financial data or financial markets
- Experience working with tools like Postman, Confluence/JIRA, Git
- Experience writing for international markets or localization
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.