Director, IT Business Management
Zipari is a software technology company based in Brooklyn, NY. Our mission is to disrupt the insurance industry by introducing consumer-centric solutions powered by our unique Consumer Experience technology. We encourage all candidates to apply if shaping the future of a growing company, investing in our culture, and solving complex challenges interests you. The Zipari team members have strong work ethics, believe in what Zipari is building, and are committed to achieving company goals. Our team has foodies, talented musicians, artists, and a mix of other unique elements that make us one: The Zipari team!
What You'll Be Doing
- Identifying and managing existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Preparing progress, budget and other reports for upper management.
- Ensuring risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Following written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Managing IT expenses and capital spend for the technology team in conjunction with the Finance group. Overseeing all IT asset and inventory management. Reviewing all relevant supplier invoices and managing discrepancies.
- Partnering with IT leaders on contract negotiation and contract management for both Clients and Vendors.
- Interfacing with key internal stakeholders to ensure that IT operations meets the quality requirements.
- Measuring, tracking and reporting on key metrics, KPI's.
- Providing support, empowerment, coaching, development, and effective leadership to the IT Operations team members internal and external.
- Collaborating with CTO in review of current IT policies, practices, and procedures.
- Being available to provide guidance and support on critical issues affecting the business and employees- weather related, infrastructure, outages, other high-level events.
- Serving as the primary point of contact if needed to facilitate critical events or protocols with key stakeholder departments to ensure proper security risks are mitigated.
- Assisting in development of SOPs, programs for business continuity, data integrity and recovery, governance, security and protection, emergency preparedness, etc. relating to IT.
- Facilitating development of Forecasting/Budgeting process and tooling for Enterprise Wide IT costs.
- Publishing monthly forecasts and detailed analytics that will drive discussions regarding changes in views and related financial impact.
- Assuming full accountability for all month-end close related activities and furnish IT team with analysis discussing variances to Forecast or Budget.
- Supporting business partners on various financial matters including in-depth analysis of business cases and financial modeling.
- Helping develop metrics and benchmarks to measure key initiatives and support real-time business decisions.
- Providing critical analytical support on strategic decisions.
- Leading financial reviews for Capital requests from IT team and making recommendations on each proposal based on robust NPV and ROI analysis.
- Providing live support for all key contract negotiations.
- Developing models that would help understand variable and fixed costs in various contracts with a view to reducing overall costs paid to supplier of critical IT services.
- Providing analytics and reporting monthly around key cost savings initiatives.
- Participating actively on various committees and meetings as required.
- 7+ years experience in IT Business/Vendor Management
- Health insurance experience is a plus
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Extensive experience managing complex projects with several vendors/partners
- Experience in vendor contracting, including contract reviews, managing vendor performance, managing contract bids and renewals
- Experience with developing and managing, business continuity assessments and plans
- Strong experience with IT Financial Management, including directing the creation and management of the IT budget, tracking actuals and forecasts, identifying savings opportunities and working with leadership to plan, track and optimize spend
- Experience with IT Financial Management tools, such as Apptio, is a strong nice to have
- Proven track record of improving processes, workflows, and optimal operational efficiency
- Effective collaboration skills across teams including C-level IT leaders
- Experience owning and prioritizing project timelines, deliverables, budgets, and metrics
- Competitive salary
- Excellent health, dental and vision benefits
- Generous vacation and leave policies
- Flexible working hours
- Support for remote work during COVID-19
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Advanced certification and training opportunities
- Roundout - weekly get-togethers hosted by our Founder/CEO
- Casual dress
Zipari is committed to a diverse workplace and equal opportunity. We understand that the products we build and the work that we do is better and greater when it is inclusive of varied experiences, skills, and perspectives. We encourage everyone whose experience is close to what we are looking for to apply and allow our team to get to know you.