Data Science Managing Director
Are you ready to make an impact?
West Monroe has an opportunity for a strategic Data Science Managing Director/Partner to join our Technology practice. This leader will structure, lead, support, drive, and grow West Monroe’s Technology Data Science practice and associated offerings in collaboration with other leaders across the company. This role will focus on delivering transformational analytics solutions as well as providing clients with thought-leadership on applying new technologies to innovate their business. This leader will be responsible for key client account ownership, scoping, selling, and acting as the engagement lead for large scale data science & analytics implementations.
Managing Directors/Partners within West Monroe have three main responsibilities:
- Support and lead teams serving clients across industries while demonstrating executive presence with high level client counterparts.
- Manage and influence multi-disciplinary teams to translate client business objectives into data and analytics solutions; collaborate with data engineering, industry, and product teams to deliver impactful results for our clients
- Provide quality assurance and conduct frequent touch bases with client executives to ensure value is realized and understood from our engagements
- Understand and support the underlying business processes and technologies being used within an organization to be able to make recommendations on how to achieve long-term scalability, reduce operational cost, or better support business processes
- Ensure proper management of project economics including: project budgets, invoicing, and the collection process
- Collaborate with national and local leadership within Data Engineering & Analytics practice and across West Monroe (WM) industry and functional practices, to develop and deliver multi-disciplinary, data-driven offerings
- Develop knowledge of emerging data science techniques; socialize and teach concepts to WM data science community
- Lead, mentor and grow data science consultants and actively participate in the career advisory and performance management process
- Actively participate in recruiting and retaining top quality data scientists
- Collaborate in growth around strategy, approach, offerings, staffing, skill development, methodology, and new account development
- Collaborate with local office leadership to ensure alignment with the office culture, define the strategic direction of the Technology team, and actively lead entrepreneurial activities to expand offerings and the skills of the team.
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance management process
- Cultivate new and existing client development opportunities related to data and analytics
- Understand client needs to translate challenges and objectives into proposals
- Attend conferences and networking events to further WM’s brand and market perception related to data and analytics
- Hunt new strategic clients – using relationships and other proven business development skills
- Initiate and lead business development meetings with prospective clients
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- 13+ years participating in team-based, client-facing business and technology consulting services
- 10+ years of experience leading teams of data professionals doing hand-on design, build, configure, implement work
- 10+ years of technical experience in machine learning and statistics related work
- 5+ years of experience managing data scientists
- Experience leading and building an analytics consulting group or practice
- Strong business development and an active professional network of contacts in the local market
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to innovate on new and emerging solutions
- Experience farming new business from existing clients and managing client relationships
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Proven leader with extensive ability to build solid and collaborative relationships with team members, foster a productive team environment, and coach staff with timely meaningful written and verbal feedback
- Ability to Travel, as required based on client and practice demands (expected to be 10-20%)
Based on pay transparency guidelines, a reasonable expectation for the salary range for this role is listed below. Information on our competitive total rewards package, including our bonus structure and benefits is here. Individual salaries are determined by evaluating a variety of factors including geography, experience, skills, education, and internal equity. Employees in proximity of our Seattle, Washington DC, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco offices will have a geographic premium applied to this salary scale.
Employees (and their families) are covered by medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, purchase shares from our employee stock ownership program and be eligible to receive annual bonuses. Employees will also receive unlimited flexible time off and ten paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Ten weeks of paid parental leave will also be available for use after successful completion of one year of employment.
West Monroe is a digital services firm that partners with companies in transformative industries to deliver quantifiable financial value. We believe that digital is a mindset and it’s something companies become, not something they do. We bring together diverse, multidisciplinary teams that use their expertise to develop and execute new ideas and ways of working.
At West Monroe, we invest in our people and care in a big way. We are growing the next generation of leaders who lead with inclusion, enabling us to address our clients’ most complex challenges. If you’re looking for a place where you’ll feel supported, our team will help you grow. We believe that growth breeds opportunity for all. And know that when we come together, we can do what's never been done.
Our fast-paced culture and collaborative teams bring the energy and expertise needed to make an impact and deliver beyond expectations. If you are ready to set big goals with us, join us on our journey of building what matters for our clients, our people, and our communities.
West Monroe is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. To learn more about inclusion and diversity at West Monroe, visit www.westmonroe.com/inclusion.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read West Monroe’s Notice at Collection for California residents, provided pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and linked here.