Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
- Is responsible for the definition and detail requirements for target Analytics and BI data layer architecture.
- Serves as a healthcare data model subject matter expert for the company’s business intelligence platform, including but not limited to healthcare claims, third party insurance data, proprietary datasets, and complex reporting needs.
- Identifies data requirements to integrate new data sources or develop new systems, providing consultative data and analytical support to internal and external customers on various data projects.
- Assists, in close collaboration with the Data Management team, in the development of processes/architecture to combine healthcare claims and reference data into integrated databases and applications to ensure consistency across the organization.
Requirements for the Role:
- Bachelors Degree in computer science, CIS, MIS, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent experience
- Prior experience within the healthcare industry
- 7 years experience in a technical role
- 4 years experience in technical specification design
- Ability to use various modeling tools to document systems and flows
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with relational and DMR modeling techniques
- Solid data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
How We Define Success:
- Delivery of an assessment of our current Analytics and BI layer against target state
- Delivery of analytics and business intelligence data model architecture and requirements
- Delivery of a recommendation for implementation of target state
- Production of viable standard cost and use report from the above architecture/requirements
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- TDWI, DAMA, CBIP certification preferred
- Advanced experience with dbt, BigQuery, and Looker/LookML preferred
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.