Analyst (FLO) at Grubhub
We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an innately curious, deeply analytical and highly driven Analyst who will support the Front Line Operations(FLO) team. They will l everage their technical abilities to translate operational and project opportunities into easily understood data-driven stories . Specifically they will be responsible for developing key operational insights and defining efficiency opportunities within FLO's operational and Process Engineering teams, which include the development of new analytical tools, design and develop new metric logic and requirements, and work closely with business partners to provide business insights about process effectiveness and value of FLO operations. If you enjoy blending your skills in problem solving, telling stories through data, and driving process improvement, then this opportunity is tailor made for you.
The Impact You Will Make:
- Using SQL, leverage large data sets to derive insights and reporting that will drive process improvement and efficiency - incorporating automation wherever possible
- Leverage ZenDesk to develop new support queues, develop data driven insights using built in predefined tools, and work with partners to extra backend data to develop insights that ZenDesk does not provide internally
- Support the analysis of new and existing processes by developing the requirements and the structure of new metrics and redesigning or updating existing metrics
- Define and continuously evaluate the accuracy of engineered standards
- Provide ad hoc financial and operational analysis for senior leadership
- Collaborate with Data and Financial Analytics teams to define new and update existing data needs; fields, table maintenance, new requirements, etc.
- Develop simple UIs for leadership to consume data, metrics, and other data related reporting
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor's degree required
- 0-2 years of experience in supply chain, logistics operations, or business intelligence
- Critical thinking skills to identify multiple solutions; ability to understand and foresee implications of new information for current and future problems solving
- A burning desire for discovering the underlying story being told within the data
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate actively and work in a team environment
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and techniques
Even Better if You Also Have:
- An intermediary understanding of SQL; i.e. joining relational tables, aggregation functions, data validation, etc.
- An intermediate level of understanding ZenDesk; i.e. establishing new views, basic understanding of ZenDesk API, and leveraging back end data that fuels reporting
- An intermediate understanding of Tableau; Simple U.I.s that can illustrate trending, geographical heat mapping, etc.
- Expert level understanding of Excel
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]