Analytics Engineer at Skillshare
What you'll do:
- Partner with data scientists, platform engineers, and business stakeholders to identify, design, and deliver new reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Architect, build, release, and maintain core company data models and pipelines
- Design, define, and implement metrics and dimensions for analytics purposes
- Connect new sources to our data warehouse (through internal tools or custom ETL) and integrate into our data models where appropriate.
- Ensure analytics engineering best practices via coding and documentation standards, and regular refactors.
- Contribute to the data culture of Skillshare by providing technical guidance, applying your data intuition, and sharing best practices.
Why we're excited to have you:
- You have significant experience working as a data or analytics engineer with expertise in data warehouse design and data modeling. You’ve worked on things like: data warehousing, ETL and analytics
- You’re very strong with SQL and data modeling. (We use Redshift and dbt.) You can write, debug, and optimize complex analytical queries, and can also design relational schemas to model business domains. Any experience with DBT (Data Build Tool) is a plus
- You’re proficient in at least one programming language (we use Python) and are comfortable with command-line tools and version control.
- You have a passion for helping others and a penchant for finding creative solutions
- You have strong data intuition and a desire to dive into the specifics of our business to understand how metrics interacts.
- You enjoy collaborating and communicating with data scientists, platform engineers, and data-savvy business stakeholders.
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the latest packages, vendors, tools that can bring efficiency to the Data Science team.
Why you're excited about this role:
- Impact: Our analytics foundations provide data products that are used daily across the organization to guide business decisions. You’ll own the framework that empowers all of our teams to make more data-driven choices.
- Growth: You’ll be mentored by experienced data engineers and data scientists, and will have the opportunity to dive deeper into areas such as data warehousing, statistics, devops and site reliability, and machine learning.
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.