Business Analyst at Haven Life
Haven Life is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are seeking a detail-oriented person to join our Coverpath Systems team as a Business Analyst, responsible for helping to build the next-generation insurance platform for producers. In collaboration with other team members, you will help shape the vision, planning, and execution of technology and product innovation. You will help analyze data and processes to support building and making critical changes to key features of the Coverpath platform. You will serve as an important link between the Coverpath product teams and other key stakeholders. You will work directly with the Product Managers to ideate about the future direction of our industry and build a best-in-class platform.This position will focus on helping the Coverpath Systems Product Manager in the development and ongoing support of various initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyze business processes and gather requirements necessary to determine how to build out the platform
- Analyze the 3rd party/product integration aspects of business requirements. Be able to effectively work with product vendors/3rd parties to implement such requirements
- Understand how Compensation processes work and implement comp rules/oversee their integration into other downstream processes
- Be a hands on analyst - be comfortable obtaining data as necessary (extracting via APIs/database/files if necessary) & rigorously reviewing/analyzing/testing data
- Effectively prioritize requirements for a minimum viable product or delivery while conceptualizing a medium term roadmap for platform evolution
- Work hands-on in an agile environment - be very conversant with writing stories, defining acceptance criteria, grooming backlogs, planning sprints etc.
- Drive the testing of new product features; design test cases to monitor system functionality and support system enhancements
- Partner with other teams and participate in roadmap/dependencies discussions
- Work with other team members to help outline team roadmaps and communicate these to internal stakeholders
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- BS/BA required
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a business analyst, project management or similar role
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter
- Experience in an agile environment necessary
- Strong project management skills including conceptualization, analysis, driving alignment, planning resources, managing milestones and objectives, and be responsible for overall project success
- Exposure to technology - being able to extract data via SQL/familiarity with BI tools/API tools (such as Postman) is a plus
- Experience in financial services a plus
- Experience with designing/implementing incentive/compensation/sales performance structures is a plus including in the sales performance space such SAP/Callidus is a plus
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.