Business Insights Analyst, Platforms
Outbrain is seeking a highly-motivated Business Analyst ready to make a difference in bringing insights and a broad need for data to one of Outbrain's premium publisher accounts.
The Business Analyst will support this global account in delivering both Amplify (brand and agency campaigns) as well as Engage (publisher) insights.
This is a unique opportunity to build a career in Business Analytics working in a dynamic global technology company and gain visibility of your work across all levels of management.
For this role, we are committed to finding a highly analytical data analysis expert, who is passionate about Business issues with an ability to communicate findings clearly at any level of the Business. This is an opportunity to work on cutting-edge innovative analysis, and utilizing data to aid business decisions with business units such as Account Management, Sales, R&D and Senior Management.
- Working on deeper insights and analysis to help decide next steps and course of action for the account
- Conceptualizing, building and automating internal facing dashboards and reports, reflecting the performance and activities of the business against its main KPIs
- Working with our international BI teams in New York and Israel to share knowledge, data, insights and best practice
- Working closely with the publisher business team to improve data utilization in business decision making
- 4 years+ of professional experience as a data/business analyst with a familiarity with typical tools of the trade in analysis and reporting
- Very strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with strong attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong SQL knowledge; Previous experience using SQL in a professional environment is a must
- Python is a major plus
- Previous Tableau dashboard building is a plus
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint Skills
- Experience working in Adtech or a dynamic marketplace preferable
- An educational background in a quantitative/statistical field
- Ambitious self-starter, able to and enjoys working independently and finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to communicate well both with infrastructure and data teams, and business teams or management.
- Fast learner & ability to learn new technologies and business matters.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
Outbrain is the brains—and technology—behind those recommendations that can be seen throughout online articles, helping people digitally discover the content most interesting to them. Headquartered in New York City, with a global presence across 16 offices, Outbrain was founded to narrate the web. Top publishers—including CNN, Condé Nast and Time—utilize Outbrain's technology to redefine their digital landscapes, while top marketers utilize the platform to interact with untapped audiences. Outbrain currently serves more than 308 billion monthly recommendations to readers, and is paving the way in native advertising innovations.
The brainy culture that ignites the halls of Outbrain has even been industry-recognized and awarded ‘Best Tech Work Culture’ in 2018 by Tech In Motion.
Interested in discovering what’s next for your career at Outbrain?