Business Intelligence Architect
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
At Current, we’re on a mission to enable our members to create better financial outcomes for themselves. Headquartered in NYC, we’re a leading U.S. fintech and one of the fastest growing companies with nearly 4 million members. No matter your title, we’re a team that collaborates on building great products and making an impact together.
The Business Intelligence function at Current covers the technologies, applications and practices of collection, analysis, and presentation of business information. Its main goal is to provide all stakeholders with valuable information which will facilitate their decision-making processes and improve their day-to-day operations.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be responsible for making Current’s data understandable for the people who run Current’s various business functions. You will lead the development of BI system that will enable the stakeholders to interrogate data, generate hypotheses and develop insights for themselves and their teams without having to understand the complexity of underlying data or to acquire deep technical skills.
You are a data expert who can synthesize the reporting needs and requirements to develop a self-serve BI system that accommodates all functional areas in a consumer-facing financial technology company. You work across all areas of business and possess technical expertise combined with strong business acumen. You are skilled at bridging gaps in processes and systems. You’ve built data systems in the past, have a strong foundation in data modeling and architecture and demonstrated the ability to understand a business and its analytics needs.
You have a good understanding of coding, testing, designing, and implementing new tools as well as of working with different types of databases and front-end visualization tools. You will work closely with data analysts and data engineers to make your vision come true.
- 5+ years of related experience; or 3+ years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create or modernize comprehensive BI systems
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Experience working with teams across different functional areas, collecting and analyzing their analytics and reporting requirements, and synthesizing them into company-wide BI system
- Ability to design, model, and architect complex data systems; familiarity with schema and data pipeline design
- High proficiency in SQL (Snowflake, BigQuery, MySQL or similar) and one or more data visualization tools like Looker or Tableau; Airflow, Github, Python familiarity is a plus.
- Competitive salary
- Meaningful equity in the form of stock options
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Discretionary performance bonus program
- Biannual performance reviews
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Flexible time off and paid holidays
- Generous parental leave policy
- Commuter benefits
- Fitness benefits
- Healthcare and Dependent care FSA benefit
- Employee Assistance Programs focused on mental health
- Healthcare advocacy program for all employees
- Access to mental health apps
- Team building activities
- Our modern Chelsea-based office with open floor plan, stocked kitchen, and catered lunches