Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:11 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, June 16, 2020
We are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer that is interested in joining a rapidly growing and close knit team. This role will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Data Engineering.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer at Hinge, you will create essential reports, design informative dashboards, and cultivate business knowledge to power critical decision making in all areas of the company.
This role is key to the success of Hinge. Not only will you help power the love lives of tons of people, but you will play a critical part in the functioning of every team at Hinge, with stakeholders ranging from customer experience to marketing to leadership.
The Business Intelligence Engineer will be a vital multiplier to productivity as the link between engineering and business users. You will delve into key business processes and combine your expertise with information you have gathered to empower our internal users and make our business operate swiftly and smarter.
What We Want You to Do:
- Design, develop, optimize, and debug queries, views, reports, and dashboards.
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables.
- Support ad-hoc requests and understand when to codify those into formalized solutions.
- Train users how to effectively use existing reporting tools.
- Translate updated business intelligence knowledge to improvements for data models, queries, reporting, and tooling.
- Acquire expert knowledge of Hinge’s data elements and how they interact.
- Continue to learn about business intelligence tools and technology.
What We Want to See:
- Expertise in SQL, databases, BI tools, and data modeling methodologies.
- 5+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of Business Intelligence experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal).
- Capability to break down ambiguous requests into tasks with positive results.
- Experience with a high-level programming language.
- Solves problems analytically, with a mathematical mind.
- Familiarity with Looker.
- Used Redshift, Hive, Mixpanel.
- Proficiency with Python, Shell scripting.
- Familiar with data vault modeling, Agile methodologies, Docker, data governance, and ETL practices.
Who You Are:
- Highly energetic and proactive with strong leadership skills.
- Enjoy making sense of chaos, continuously learning and working with a diverse group of builders, entrepreneurs, creators and all around great people.
- Entrepreneurial at heart, thrive in an ever evolving start-up environment and your passion is evident in your work
- Passionate about the latest developments in technology
- Fast learner and open to constructive criticism.
- Desire to dive in and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative team player with the ability to shift gears quickly, efficiently and effectively
- Dependable and reliable with clear thinking and attention to detail
- Great sense of humor and outlook on life . . . we laugh a lot!
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description