Business Operations Analyst at mParticle
The Business Operations Analyst will partner with the mParticle Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success teams to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our go-to-market functions and will help build a world-class organization via support of core operational initiatives, strategic assessments, and on-going business activity.
What you’ll do
The role will be highly cross-functional, partnering with Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance to make data driven decisions. A successful candidate in this role is collaborative, flexible and provides outstanding input with a great attitude. Core responsibilities include planning, reporting, process improvement, compensation administration and ownership of deal desk.
This position will report into the VP of Business Operations. If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you:
- Develop a deep understanding of all aspects of the Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success organizations, and leverage that knowledge to identify areas for process improvement.
- Own monthly incentive compensation process across go-to-market functions. This includes calculating commissions, managing exception requests versus policy, serving as a liaison with finance and leadership for approvals and developing and maintaining compensation calculators and performance reporting.
- Lead Deal Desk function, supporting the Sales and Success organization in structuring deals, leveraging pricing strategy, facilitating contract reviews, and managing the overall quote to cash processes and approval while ensuring order form accuracy.
- Support fiscal and mid-year planning activities including headcount planning, sales territory carving, quota setting and incentive compensation design.
- Build and interpret reports and dashboards to help go-to-market leaders better understand the health of their business.
- Serve as the business owner of Looker proactively identifying ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of sellers and customer success managers.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Business or Sales Operations, Consulting or related role
- Previous experience with SaaS organizations strongly preferred
- Expert Salesforce and Excel modeling experience
- Previous experience with a business intelligence tool (Looker, Chartio, etc.) or SQL coding skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision making skills