Capacity Planning Analyst at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about connecting the dots and using data to solve complex capacity planning problems.
We are looking for a curiosity and data driven individual to join our growing Capacity Planning team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Capacity Planning & Supply Chain, the Capacity Analyst will drive optimized server deployments with a keen eye to budget management, assist in planning for future products and advise on the state of our global capacity to internal teams.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform scenario analysis with a focus on impact to capacity utilization to advise on infrastructure projects under guidance
- Orchestrate capacity projects as part of larger infrastructure initiatives as it pertains to server, network and data center capacity
- Represent the team in weekly infrastructure meetings to review upcoming server deployments
- Be a point of contact about product capacity at the organization for Sales and Customer Success teams
- Create and maintain capacity dashboards to inform internal teams
- Contribute to capital budget planning process at an annual, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Build & run “what-if” capacity usage scenarios to support predictive budget planning and capacity impact
- Apply data analysis to inform business decisions prioritizing operational trade-offs and capital spend
- Distill large data sets to form recommendations to a larger cross-functional team
- Prior experience in a planning role, preferably at a web infrastructure company
- Comfortable with basic computing concepts and terminology
- Intermediate understanding of accounting terminology
- Ability to make recommendations in an ambiguous environment
- Experience in managing data structures (using Excel, R, SQL) to build reports and run analysis
- Exposure to—or interest in—cloud services, data center, networking and various types of server technology would be beneficial
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!