Clinical Research Scientist
TrialSpark is a technology company that brings new medical treatments to patients faster by reimagining the clinical trial process. We’re fundamentally changing how clinical trials are run, rethinking the trial process both from a technology and operational perspective. To achieve this, we’re bringing together talent from top technology, CRO, and biopharma companies to work side by side.
The Clinical Research Scientist will play a key role within the Medical team in helping to assess study feasibility and selection, determine the best sites and principal investigators for clinical trials, and identify potential study subjects based on in-depth understanding of study protocols and review of electronic health records. Your insights and analysis will shape the way TrialSpark uses data by improving the quality of the clinical data queries that we create.
In this role, you will also use your clinical expertise to help educate other TrialSpark teams as well as support the Medical Team by deconstructing protocols, outreaching to physicians and supporting study execution. Your work will involve close collaboration with Commercial, Clinical Operations and Network teams amongst others. In addition to these day-to-day activities, you’ll be asked to look for ways to improve our processes as the business scales.
- In-depth protocol review and deconstruction to plan for feasibility assessments
- Reviewing electronic health records (EHRs) to identify patients that may be eligible for clinical trials
- Researching clinical conditions, treatments and client pipelines to support business development
- Review client, investigator and patient-facing documents and presentations (study documents, meeting materials, advertising, etc.) for clinical accuracy and clarity
- Create educational presentations and materials
- Assist with protocol review and deconstruction
- Assist with the development of study recruitment strategies
- Support clinical operations staff recruitment and study execution issues
- Nursing, Physician Assistant, or Medical degree
- Working knowledge of ICH and GCP requirements
- 3+ years as a coordinator, study manager or similar relevant role in a CRO or pharmaceutical company
- 2+ years experience with EHRs (electronic health records)
- Experience analyzing clinical study protocols for feasibility assessments
- Incredibly curious: fast learner, motivated, resourceful
- Organized and analytical approach balanced with getting things done
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.