Credit Analyst, Payments at LeafLink
LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 4,200 retailers and more than 1,400 brands across 25 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!
LeafLink is seeking an experienced Credit Analyst to join our fast-growing team. In this role you will be responsible for managing LeafLink Financial’s credit policy and setting internal and external expectations related to the credit the company is willing to extend to brands and retailers. This role will allow you to build relationships with executive teams and strategize on ways LeafLink can improve and simplify their business operations. This role is highly collaborative, requires creative thinking, confidence, and an understanding of all product offerings and platform features on LeafLink. This role will require you to interface directly with our executive team, client experience, sales, marketing, and engineering teams. You need to be a self-starter who is comfortable with change, enjoys a very fast pace, and can juggle many tasks and deadlines.Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in an online, B2B environment, working with middle market or enterprise level companies
- 5+ years experience implementing compliance or underwriting policies
- Direct experience interfacing with C-Level relationships
- Experience in professional relationship building and negotiating
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and articulate various products related to loans, lines of credit, trade credit, factoring, treasury management and other financial services
- Ability to work proficiently within Google Suite, and Salesforce
- Implement underwriting policies to manage credit limits for LeafLink Financial customers
- Ensure active engagement with internal partners
- Track delinquent accounts and direct collections strategies
- Conduct retrospective analyses on delinquent accounts
- Make policy update recommendations to the company
- Design and produce key credit and collections reports for internal stakeholders
- Report key results to stakeholders across the organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment that requires tenacity to exploit opportunities and a steady demeanor to handle challenges
- You are the embodiment of startup hustle: change is your only constant, no challenge is too big, and no task is too small
- Self-motivated and excited by the potential to own what you do, you have the willingness to learn and adapt as needed
- You work well independently as well as with other members of the team, both in person and remotely
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills, are outgoing and sociable, and enjoy meeting new people
- You are a multi-tasker and connector, as well as an organized operator who executes on both internal and external responsibilities
- You have knowledge of key project management concepts including phases, plans, deliverables, scope, and tasks
- You have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.