Data Analyst, Associate at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we're not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we're driving excellence and improving outcomes. We're treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines' high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
MSK is seeking an Application Analyst to join our Development Information Systems Team. In this role, the Data Analyst, reporting to the manager of Development IT, will be responsible for analyzing, upgrading and maintaining all existing Development applications including a 16 million record fund raising data base application, Blackbaud CRM, Luminate Online, analysis of business requirements to create technical specifications for reports and other program enhancements.
You Will Also :
- Manage a complex, segmentation driven, and multiple strategy processes that involve Development in-house fundraisers as well as multiple vendors. Perform data import, export and manipulation to support the process in Black CRM Marketing and Communication functional area and using tools like SSIS and SQL scripts. Trouble shoot any resulting issues in time to adhere to set deadlines
- Develop and formalize user specifications to address data export, data integrity and reporting needs using a combination of Blackbaud CRM built-in functionalities, SSRS, SQL script and stored procedures. Prepare program specifications to fulfill business requirements and set delivery deadlines
- Collaborate with other IT staff members to develop new techniques and tools to facilitate a paperless workflow, particularly as it applies to gift processing. Collaborate with Gift Administration team to trouble shoot gift processing issues and support financial reconciliation process
- Team up with lead department analyst to obtain details of requirements to establish workable automated resolution to current manual processes based on business requirements and determine impact of changes to the application
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational requirement
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years' relevant experience in SQL scripts, Stored Procedures and SSIS are required
- Experience and understanding of complex relational databases are required
- Fluency in MS Windows, Microsoft Office and other standard desktop applications is required
- Experience in MS SQL Server 2014, SSRS and Tableau is preferred
- Development/fundraising experience will be highly valuable
- Knowledge of any CRM platform is a plus
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.