Data Analyst - Central Analytics at Bread
Bread, a division of Alliance Data, is a technology-driven payments company that partners with merchants and partners to personalize payment options for their customers. Bread integrates directly with merchants on their ecommerce site and gives them a single platform that lets them offer more ways to pay over time. Bread's full-funnel recommendation engine serves up the right options at the right time, empowering merchants to sell more, improve conversion, and lift average-order-value. To learn more, please visit breadpayments.com.
Are you passionate about facilitating data-driven decisions? Do you enjoy tackling challenges at the intersection of business knowledge, data infrastructure, and statistical modeling? Are you looking for an entry-level role that will allow you to hone your analytical skills while architecting your career alongside a team of data professionals? The Analytics team at Bread sits within a rapidly expanding data vertical and works cross-functionally with stakeholders across Product, Finance, Engineering, and Operations to ensure that we are making the best data-backed decisions we possibly can.
Your role at Bread:
- Data Modeling and Data Warehousing: You will work with the analytics and data engineering team to model new Bread data for downstream applications in business intelligence and reporting.
- Analytics Engineering and Tooling: To ensure data analytics at Bread scales with the company, you will support other data consumers by building new tools, testing vendor solutions, and sharing best practices for analytic workflows.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: You will coordinate and assist on cross-team projects between data analytics and engineering, combining your domain knowledge of the data and expertise with data tooling.
- Business Intelligence and Data Visualization: Using Looker, you will work closely with our business teams to define new key performance indicators (KPIs) and build out dashboards to communicate results to internal stakeholders.
- 1-2 years of experience in data analytics or engineering
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, and R
- Exposure to Looker, dbt, and/or equivalent tools
- Experience with automation, orchestration, and testing
Nice to Have:
- Experience with technologies in our analytics stack: Snowflake, PostgreSQL, dbt, Databricks and/or Spark, Airflow, Python, Github, Looker, and Docker
- Knowledge of statistics, i.e. confidence intervals, linear regression, and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge about financial services or web applications
- Familiarity with machine learning models in production
- Familiarity with survey data, software, and methods.