Data Analytics Engineer at Cityblock Health
Who we are
Cityblock Health is a new type of healthcare company, operating out of Brooklyn and backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs, along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, one block at a time. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we bring the capability to deliver care in the home and neighborhood with our field-based teams.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations and leading commercial partners, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. We deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services through a network of neighborhood hubs with deep community-based partnerships and world-class technology.
We partner with payers and at-risk providers, accepting capitated financial risk to care for their most vulnerable, high and rising risk members. Additionally, we invest in strategic partnerships with community-based and social services organizations, in some instances bringing them into the value equation through sub-capitation and performance-based compensation.
Over the next year we’ll grow quickly, including entering new markets, each with their own commercial relationships and field-based teams. This role will be a key contributor to the success of our business.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Data, Engineering, and Product teams to develop early prototype-stage data products. You’ll work analytically to distill a mix of ideas where our data can deliver value. Via Python, Pandas, SQL and other tools you’ll write data pipelines and develop beta products to test those hypotheses.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by solving difficult problems, leading by example, and helping to mentor and develop other members on the team
- Rapidly iterate on data products early in development with Data Science and Analytics team members
- Work through complex data pipelines using SQL and other data processing tools to deliver data products to end users
- Develop knowledge of healthcare industry trends and data
- Work with our Data Science & Analytics team to build scalable frameworks and development workflows
- Build the technical solutions to develop an analytics platform to deliver insights from a diverse set of data sources including claims, EHRs, Cityblock internal and external data sets
You’d be a good fit if:
- A strong coder and fluent with processing and querying large amounts of data.
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a technical subject, or equivalent experience (bonus points if you have an advanced degree)
- You are an effective communicator who can break down a complex data analysis and tell a compelling story to stakeholders ranging from clinical staff to engineers to sales
- You are versatile and can easily pick up new programming languages
- You have the technical skill to query databases, and have strong intuition for how to model and clean data
- You have worked in a collaborative development environment using git, Python Notebooks, Python, R and RStudio-Server, SQL
- You have experience working with 3rd party software and libraries, including open source
- You have experience deploying and running software using cloud-native technologies in AWS and/or GCP.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with cloud-native DevOps automation
- 3+ years of experience mentoring junior to mid-level data analysts in a rapidly-growing start-up or organization.
- Industry experience in relevant roles such as data scientist, technical product manager, forward deployed engineer, or similar
“Nice to have” really means “nice to have”. It’s completely possible that you don’t have any of these and are still a great fit for the team.
You should include these in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile.
- A cover letter including a one paragraph summary of a technical project you’re most proud to have built and what was hard about it. Optionally include links to public-facing documentation about the project such as a Github repo or blog post, if available.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.