Data Engineer at Snappy
Snappy is searching for a Data Engineer to join our Analytics team! This will be the first role of it’s kind on the team and will report directly to the Head of Business Analytics. The Data Engineer will be instrumental in automating the extraction of operational data from Salesforce, Netsuite, Gifts platform and other key ops systems and loading into our Snowflake data warehouse. The data engineer will also work closely with the BI reporting analysts to identify key KPIs and fields needed for the executive dashboards. The responsibilities also include designing and building custom views needed to feed the functional specific ops dashboards.
- Build Data Warehouse solutions, Data Model, and work in cloud-based data technologies (specifically, Snowflake)
- Design, develop and automate ETL processes from a variety of complex sources
- Model, manage, scale and performance tune high volume transactional databases
- Performance tune ETL and analyze and optimize production volumes and batch schedules
- Create, maintain, and improve system integration documentation and processes
- ETL development with RDBMS and Cloud Integration with Salesforce, Netsuite and various Web Service Endpoints
- Experienced in SQL (Snowflake, Redshift) and No SQL (MongoDB)
- Experienced working within Cloud technologies
- Knowledgeable about ETL/ELT process or tools like Informatica, SSIS
- Proficient in master data management (MDM) projects and solutions.
- Proficient with high volume OLTP Databases and large data warehouse environments
- Experience and knowledge of optimizing database performance and capacity utilization to provide high availability and redundancy
- Experienced with BI tools like Tableau, Looker
- Able and eager to work both independently and within a team environment
Snappy is an award-winning all-in-one enterprise gifting platform. We’re reinventing the way companies express appreciation to their employees by offering a fun and interactive digital experience that lets employees choose a gift they actually love. We specialize in building recognition programs for all sorts of businesses - Zoom, Salesforce, Microsoft, Uber, Deloitte and over 800 more. Plus, we’re growing everyday - 400% YOY, if you want to get technical! We’ve seen firsthand that our experience boosts morale, improves performance, and (most importantly!) spreads joy.
Of course, we practice what we preach! Here at Snappy, we believe wholeheartedly in building a culture of appreciation, dedication, and fun! We offer all sorts of benefits and perks to our employees including but not limited to: Free healthcare including vision and dental and a generous 401k match, unlimited PTO and paid family leave, Snappy Summer Fridays (which we actually enjoy year around!), snacks and lunches delivered to your home while we’re working remotely, and Snappy gifts galore!