As a Data Engineer at Hinge, you will create essential data processes and contribute to components of a modern data pipeline that will be the foundation of Hinge’s decision-making ability. The systems you help create, the problems you help solve, and the support of our analytical minds, will be pivotal to the success of Hinge.
This role is key to the success of Hinge. Not only will they help power the love lives of tons of people, but they will play a critical part in the functioning of every team at Hinge, with stakeholders ranging from customer experience to marketing to leadership.
The Data Engineer will be implementing critical ETL pipelines, interpreting fascinating data sets, and improving core functionality that will not only aid the data engineering team, but the rest of the organization. They will be working on an actual big data architecture while concentrating on real-world problems such as privacy concerns.
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure data is flowing accurately through data creation to our presentation layers.
- Write new and innovative ETL processes.
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, and more.
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables.
- Continue to learn more about the Data Engineering discipline, utilize that knowledge in your deliverables, and identify opportunities to enhance our pipelines.
- Contribute meaningful insights and feedback to our team processes.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, shell scripting, and databases.
- +3 years of professional/industry experience.
- Experience delivering data products from conception to delivery and with the infrastructure that supports their underlying processes.
- Good communication skills (written/verbal).
- Experience modeling data sets for different types of sources and business processes.
- Passionate about designing elegant ETL processes.
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.