Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our data team! At Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship, and drive some of our most exciting and complex projects. As a Data Engineer, you’ll help us build infrastructure for collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing huge sets of data in batch and streaming pipelines. You will work with the Product Engineering, Marketing, and Sales teams to model data and build ETL. You will be an influential contributor to the design and implementation of data flows, tools, and infrastructure necessary to make key strategic decisions, and power machine learning and personalization within the product.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about data and how it can tell an intricate story
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited about using data to make strategic business decisions
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
- Someone who loves to be part of a fun and hard working team
- An engineer interested in solving challenges within the healthcare space
Your day to day is…
- Scaling and enhancing our near-real-time analytics platform
- Writing and maintaining data pipelines
- Communicating and collaborating with partner teams across the company to assess data needs and prioritize accordingly
- Being proactive about driving data collection and storage best practices
- Building data tooling to enable data lake, data warehouse, and analytics workflows within the AWS cloud
- Driving adoption of data tools. Giving tech talks and demos on the newest capabilities and enhancements to the system
- Working closely with the Data Science and Business Intelligence teams to develop data models and pipelines for research, reporting, and machine learning
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion about data and technology
- Admiration for the scalability, and reliability of software
- 2+ years engineering experience, 2+ years working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS
- Worked with AWS tools or other cloud provider tools (Redshift, S3, Lambda, EMR, Kinesis (Firehose), ECS, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala
- A Computer Science or related degree required
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.