Data Intelligence, Fraud Operations Analyst
At White Ops, we’re all hackers. This doesn’t mean you have to hold a key to the internet (although one of our founders does!), but it does require approaching problems in unconventional ways. We are attacking criminal botnets through the ad fraud that finances their operations. Our proprietary technology detects and prevents sophisticated online fraud. By reducing the incentives for crime, we are making the internet a better place. Our mighty team of humans have several things in common:
We are hackers.
We create tau for ourselves and each other.
We think big and move fast.
We practice humility.
We “pwn it”.
What we do:
We keep the internet safe by fighting organized cybercrime. Our products accurately detect and prevent even the most sophisticated bots and our customers include some of the web's largest and most forward-thinking companies.
Our team of engineers is friendly, curious, driven, and highly collaborative. We support one another and regularly hold code reviews to facilitate learning and reduce friction during our 2-week releases. We strive for clean and readable code. Our engineers also work closely with other teams in the company, including creative, product, and customer support.
The Data Intelligence team is responsible for surfacing useful insights from the terabytes of data we amass every day. We value ethics, experimentation, efficiency, and intellectual curiosity . We are looking for someone who will compliment the team to accelerate the development and delivery of data intelligence.
What you'll do:
- Identify impactful detection leads that increase velocity from time of threat identification to implementation of detection/blocking in White Ops products
- Deploy stop-gap defenses for emerging threats through the development of analyses, models, algorithms, and dashboards
- Create complex queries and reports to analyze historical data, including use of techniques such as: subqueries, temp tables, complex joins, variables
- Lead the design and architecture of data models and dashboards used to present key information to detection and customer success teams
- Facilitate Detection Research process responsible for triaging customer and internal inquiries about fraud efficacy
- Implement best practices and tooling that will improve the time to understand a new detection lead and process it
- Assist in research for case studies and white papers on fraud patterns
- Create detailed documentation of models, algorithms, and analyses to create transparency and audibility of work
Who you are:
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to find ways to do things better, faster, and leaner; you hold yourself accountable for the quality and accuracy of your work
- You look to find new and innovative ways to solve complex problems through rigorous experimentation and application of emerging technologies
- You are open and transparent and work in tight collaboration with other team members on data projects and cross-departmentally across the rest of White Ops
- You are communicative and go out of your way to support your team
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience working with multi TB to PB data sets in cloud databases
- Experience working with both structured and unstructured data sets
- Experience improving processes and implementing tooling to accelerate analysis
- Python experience or exposure preferred
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
About White Ops:
Our mission is to protect the internet by verifying the humanity of every online transaction. Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, we now serve trillions of monthly decisions for some of the web’s largest platforms. Our technology protects digital advertisers, publishers, ad tech, and enterprise businesses globally by detecting and blocking bots. It’s an ongoing war that we happily fight every day.
Life at White Ops:
Our HQ office is located in NYC. We had approximately 100% headcount growth in the past year and we are growing the company deliberately, with a keen eye towards maintaining a culture that values diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing meaningful work and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We have many world class customers who use our platform. We're focused and propelled by a substantive mission. We're building a very sophisticated product that fights a real threat to humanity, We're committed to building a product companies need. We have created an environment that optimizes your skills and brings out your best work.