SmartAsset is a leading online destination for financial advice that powers SmartAdvisor, the largest marketplace connecting consumers to financial advisors and financial products. Reaching more than 100 million people each month through its educational content and personalized calculators and tools, SmartAsset’s mission is to help people make smart financial decisions. Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing private companies in 2021,SmartAsset recently closed a $110 million Series D round, valuing the company at over $1 billion. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time, 2021 Best Financial Planning Technology Company in New York by Wealth & Finance International, and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset is looking for a data journalist to join our growing team and create data studies that shed light on economic trends and financial planning topics. The ideal candidate will have top-notch writing skills, an analytical mind, and a knack for analyzing economic data.
- Naturally curious, with strong attention to detail
- You have a keen ability to identify topics that people enjoy reading about and sharing on social media.
- A consummate team player with great communication skills.
- You have experience writing pieces driven by insights in data.
- You can juggle a wide range of tasks including pitching stories, conducting research and creating compelling content.
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Superior excel skills are a must
- Experience working with and analyzing economic data
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Can take ownership of an article from start to finish
- Past personal finance/business experience is a major plus
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave