Data Platform Engineer at Quartet Health
Quartet is a pioneering healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs. Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
About the Team and Opportunity
We are looking for a Data Engineer that will work on ingesting, transforming, and organizing disparate sources of healthcare data from our partners and internal teams into canonical data models for application and data science insights. Our data platform team works to not only clean, standardize, and load external data sources into our platform but also generates key base features from that data to be utilized by downstream systems and internal customers — from the backend API to data science teams. This role will also work to vend tooling and automation to support our growing data needs and allow data integration team members working with customers to self-service data prior to it being ingested and distributed to the rest of Quartet. You are passionate about data and will collaborate with and learn from other engineers, data scientists, and clinicians.
- Develop and maintain tools and systems to ingest, transform, and distribute numerous application streams as canonical data models and features
- Work with subject matter experts and product managers in architecting models to improve reliability and interpretability of data for analytical and business needs
- Understanding Quartet business objectives and design services that couple business logic with reusable components for future expansion
- Build a world-class, scalable health data ingestion pipeline
- Drive down the time to insight by improving the accessibility and organization of data
- Experience with integration of data from multiple heterogeneous data sources
- Experience developing in Python and Spark (Scala and Java a plus); Experience working in distributed systems
- Experience with SQL and data modeling
- Ideal candidate has 2+ years of engineering experience
- Experience with healthcare claims data, HL7 and other healthcare data exchange standards - EMR / EHR - a big plus
- Experience with AWS Experience with Apache Airflow
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, catered lunches, snacks, team events and outings, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental leave, commuter benefits, 401K, stock option grants, gym benefits.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet is committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive culture, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in race, religion, color, national origin, gender, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, medical conditions, and other characteristics. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.
Please note: Quartet interview requests and job offers only originate from quartethealth.com email addresses (e.g. [email protected]). Quartet will also never ask for bank information (e.g. account and routing number), social security numbers, passwords, or other sensitive information to be delivered via email. If you receive a scam email or wish to report a security issue involving Quartet, please notify us at: [email protected].
Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.