Data Platform Engineer at Quartet Health
**Remote must be located in the United States of America**
Quartet is a platform that makes it easier for people to get the best mental health care for them. Our technology and services reach people who need care, connect them to the right care, track the quality of their care, and support their care journeys. Backed by $160.5MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners, Deerfield Management, Centene Corporation, and Echo Health Ventures, Quartet partners with health insurance plans and health systems in 32 states across the country to help people get the care they need.
We are deeply committed to growing a diverse team and an equitable and inclusive culture where all Quartetians are empowered to be themselves and do their best work. We know this is vital in realizing our mission to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. As part of our commitment to building a diverse team, we have signed the Parity Pledge and actively encourage applicants of all backgrounds to apply.
About the Team and Opportunity
We are looking for a Data Engineer that will work on ingesting, transforming, and organizing disparate sources of healthcare data from our partners and internal teams into canonical data models for application and data science insights. Our data platform team works to not only clean, standardize, and load external data sources into our platform but also generates key base features from that data to be utilized by downstream systems and internal customers — from the backend API to data science teams. This role will also work to vend tooling and automation to support our growing data needs and allow data integration team members working with customers to self-service data prior to it being ingested and distributed to the rest of Quartet. You are passionate about data and will collaborate with and learn from other engineers, data scientists, and clinicians.
- Develop and maintain tools and systems to ingest, transform, and distribute numerous application streams as canonical data models and features
- Work with subject matter experts and product managers in architecting models to improve reliability and interpretability of data for analytical and business needs
- Understanding Quartet business objectives and design services that couple business logic with reusable components for future expansion
- Build a world-class, scalable health data ingestion pipeline
- Drive down the time to insight by improving the accessibility and organization of data
- Experience with integration of data from multiple heterogeneous data sources
- Experience developing in Python and Spark (Scala and Java a plus); Experience working in distributed systems
- Experience with SQL and data modeling
- Ideal candidate has 4 + years of engineering experience
- Experience with healthcare claims data, HL7 and other healthcare data exchange standards - EMR / EHR - a big plus
- Experience with AWS Experience with Apache Airflow
Employee Benefits for Quartet include: Unlimited vacation, volunteer opportunities, team events, mental healthcare coverage of 15 free therapy sessions + unlimited copay reimbursements, medical, dental + vision coverage, generous parental and military leave, commuter benefits, 401K, and stock option grants.
Want to know what Quartet life is like? Click here to meet our team.
Quartet actively encourages applicants of all backgrounds to apply and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential job duties - reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. If you require assistance in completing this application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Quartet does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Quartet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Quartet.Have someone to refer? Email [email protected] to submit their details to us.