Join the Ocrolus rocket ship!
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data with over 99% accuracy. Designed to streamline document-driven workflows and automate high-stakes financial decisions, Ocrolus is trusted by leading fintechs like SoFi, LendingClub, Cross River Bank, BlueVine, Enova, and Plaid, to name a few. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. Ocrolus has raised over $50 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
We pride ourselves on being a dynamic, diverse team, unified by shared values of Ownership, Optimism, Objectivity, Humility, Urgency, and Appreciation. We love what we do and the people we do it with, which is why we invite our team to bring their full selves to work every day.
We’re looking for a Data Protection and Governance Lead to assist in maturing our data protection practices for Ocrolus SaaS products and services. We are looking for a self-starter who will suggest and drive implementation of best practice solutions customized for Ocrolus fast-paced environment to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements, as well as best practices in data governance.
- Implement and manage data governance and management programs, policies, and ensure their consistent application across Ocrolus
- Facilitate identification, definition, and management of data elements for different classes of data across Ocrolus systems and infrastructure, and document data flow diagrams
- Collaborate with various stakeholders, including engineering, product and data teams providing advice on new projects and product features, and implementation of proposed solutions and best practices
- Conduct Data protection impact assessments where necessary
- Maintain inventory of different classes of data and an inventory of systems processing such data, including as defined by various privacy regulations (for personal data)
- Communicate with and present to Senior Management
- Stay abreast of changing regulatory landscape and ensure compliance with applicable regulations related to data protection
- Work closely with privacy counsel to ensure Ocrolus data protection and governance practices meet current privacy requirements
- Participate in the design and implementation of Data Loss Prevention solutions
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a similar role
- Practical experience implementing data protection and governance programs and policies
- Practical knowledge of privacy regulations as it applies to data protection requirements
- Practical experience documenting data processing activities inventories, data protection impact assessments and other data protection control documentation
- Experience working with modern technologies and concepts related to use of data, including practical knowledge of best practices related to use of data for machine learning and data analytics purposes
- Experience and familiarity with cloud data security and working with public cloud solutions (AWS)
- Practical experience communicating with various stakeholders effectively across the organization
- Ability to work in a remote environment with teams in India and in the United States
- High attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English)
Our employees are incredible individuals - that’s the only kind we hire - and we’re committed to their well-being and supporting their efforts to become the best they can be, both at work and in life. This includes offering flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, Summer Fridays, an inclusive work environment (D&I Council), and wellness reimbursement for physical and mental well-being.
We’re growing rapidly and were recently named #1 Fastest-Growing Fintech Company on the Inc. 5000, and #1 Fastest-Growing Software Company in NY in Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500. If you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Ocrolus is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.