Data Scientist at Quartet Health
Quartet is a healthcare technology company striving to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions and was ranked #29 of Modern Healthcare’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We connect people to a personalized care team to get them the right care at the right time. Our collaborative technology platform and range of services brings together physicians, mental health providers, and insurance companies to effectively improve patient outcomes and drive down healthcare costs.
Backed by $153MM in venture funding from top investors like Oak HC/FT, GV (formerly Google Ventures), F-Prime Capital Partners, Polaris Partners and Centene Corporation, Quartet is headquartered in NYC and is currently operating in several markets across the United States — Pennsylvania, Washington, Northern California, New Jersey, North Carolina, Louisiana, and Illinois.
We are looking for talented data scientists with a passion for addressing business needs through data modeling and analysis to join our team. As an individual contributor on this team, you will work side-by-side with senior members of the team and internal partners from across the organization. This position requires strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills; experience with multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment; and the tenacity to execute against deliverables in a timely, high-quality fashion.
As a data scientist at Quartet, you will work on a range of projects -- developing statistical analyses to study impact of Quartet interventions; predicting mental health needs among populations; building machine learning models to suggest timely and appropriate behavioral health care interventions for patients. You’ll develop a deep understanding of Quartet interventions and the predictive models and algorithms that enable effective integration of mental health into primary care to steer patients towards better health. You will learn and apply statistical methodologies to measure outcomes and impact of interventions.
You'll work with datasets that include millions of detailed medical, pharmacy, lab claims, EHR, and application data. You will help with development and validation of new algorithms that enhance our system in terms of scalability, reliability and accuracy.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial, motivated data scientist who is well-versed in data analysis and algorithm implementation and eager to learn new things and make an impact on the industry. Health data experience is a plus, but it's not necessary.
- Work with an interdisciplinary technical team to develop statistical models in Quartet’s platform.
- Apply statistics, data mining, machine learning techniques to develop studies to evaluate patient outcomes and recommendations to meet patients’ and doctors’ needs.
- Design and develop effective models, features, and algorithms involving multiple datasets - user activity, medical claims, pharmacy claims, lab test claims etc.
- Derive insights from descriptive analysis that drive a data-informed process for experimenting with new products to improve patient outcomes.
- Learn and contribute to team efforts to make our code scalable, our work output data-rich and actionable, and our research reproducible.
- 2-3 years experience as a data scientist.
- Formal training in statistics and computer science.
- Knowledge of mathematical fundamentals: probability theory, linear algebra and statistics.
- Strong data transformation and extraction skills with SQL databases.
- Strong statistical programming skills in both Python and R.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with Linux servers.
- Comfort/self-sufficiency with git for version control.
- Ability to execute, starting from problem definition, to a working implementation.
- Ability to clearly communicate across disciplines and work collaboratively.